• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Equivalent to IXCP10M45S?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
had a hard time looking for the above mentioned chip locally.
i had spend the whole of sat asking ard but in vain.
so am here asking for the equivalent replacement chip for IXCP10M45S.

reason for asking cos' if i were to order from the states, the cost of shipping is more than 10 times the chip itself and thus certainly is not the way for me to spend my hard earn $ like that. :)

thanks

You could order them from diyhifisupply in Hong Kong. I'm sure possible replacements will be just as hard to find. Such as DN2540 (Need to cascade them because performance of one is not as good as one 10M45S.) Or the IXUS 01N100D which has been reported as being better than the DN2540 soundwize)

What would be the best however in your situation would to build something like the C4S which uses common transistors but is known to perform and sound well.

i thought it was the inxy10m45 that needs cascade and the dn2540 you could use as a single.
something to do with the b-e hot spot not being that big.............?

Attachments

• dn3540 single CCS.JPG
    dn3540 single CCS.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,026
01N100D - info not on the datasheet

Hallo John,

Ik bestel ook vaak bij mouser. Gebruik momenteel DN2540. Maar wil overstappen op 01N100D deze schijnen nog beter te zijn.

I often order from mouser as well. I use DN2540. But want to use the 01N100D in the future since these are reported to sound even better.

Groeten Bas
Regards,
Bas

These are promising parts with nice low capacitance, great working voltage, etc. and also have the benefit of relatively large Vgs at tube amp currents - this makes it nice for the top device in a cascode because it gives the bottom device some Vds to work with.

I purchased a tube of them to try out. Here are some curves I traced out, which are not published on the datasheet.

Michael

Attachments

• IXTP01N100D-IDvsVGS.jpg
    IXTP01N100D-IDvsVGS.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 696
  • IXTP01N100D-IDvsRS.jpg
    IXTP01N100D-IDvsRS.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 678
yes, i am looking for a replacement part that is equal to ixcp 10m45s as i do not seem to be able to locate it locally.

There is no exact equal to the 10M45. As stated by others the DN2540N5 can be used in some circuits. The DN2540N5 will work in the Simple SE, but the 330 ohm resistor value might need to be changed. I have tried the DN2540N5 and it worked OK, but I am at work and my notes are at home.

hey-Hey!!!,
The IXYS chips deliver current at lower( more negative )gate-source voltages. Putting one of these over a Supertex MOSFET looks like a very good idea as the lower device will have more voltage across it( reducing g-d capacitance ). For the points I looked at it was OTO 1.7V for the DN3545N3 and 3.5V for the 10M45. Our CCS boards use the TO92 on the bottom and TO220 on top so the experiment is easy...:)

Probably have to re-evaluate the lower MOSFET's gate stopper value to insure it isn't singing in the RF due to lower effective gate-drain capacitance.
cheers,
Douglas

Last edited:
There is no exact equal to the 10M45. As stated by others the DN2540N5 can be used in some circuits. The DN2540N5 will work in the Simple SE, but the 330 ohm resistor value might need to be changed. I have tried the DN2540N5 and it worked OK, but I am at work and my notes are at home.

hi george,
great that DN2540N5 will work for Simple SE. pls let me know that value to change to for the 330ohm resistor (R13 & R23).

i do have another question. can i use FRED diode DSEI12-12A on Simple SE (D1 & D2) as it was used in Tubelab SE (D2 & D3)? forgive me for the silly question as i just wish to make sure :) initially planned to use ISL9R8120P2 for D1 & D2 in Simple SE.

DSEI12-12A rated @1200V 11A
ISL9R8120P2 rated @1200V 8A

guess the answer is obviously a yes :) just want confirmation from the seniors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.