EP21 - Single Stereo Loudspeakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My experience with co-incidence stereo

I use a loudspeaker, which is stereo in the presence range only:
559528d1468250634-krassollito-multi-way-loudspeakers-done-right-ga13-stereo.png

I feel, that the mono tweeter is needed, for else mono signals would be comb-filtered in the trebles at any listening positions xcept precisely on axis.

In my moderately damped shoes-box room looping a panning pink noise and standing at a greater distance i can just detect the stereo. The stereophonic information from vinyl fuses with the reflections off side walls producing a decent stereo effect. It does not sound wrong at closer distance, but off the axis i stumble into the left or right beam.

Co-incident stereo is more relaxed than multi sources stereo. Because most ensembles do not fit into my room anyway. My loudspeaker is like a vertical gap in a wall, behind which the ensemble is playing. I cannot hear the ensemble directly xcept for the middle player, low frequencies refracted thru the gap and trebles transported via a friendly helper, but only its reflections off the walls of my room.

Somehow it is all matery, somehow it is all in the head.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.