Entirely DIY Guitar Amp Build Log

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here's a picture showing the side of the chassis. I relly like this method of scratch building a chassis.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 234
that works but your fingers will get tired. i hit the back with a propane torch for about 5 seconds to heat it up a bit and the crayon goes on easily and rubs right off with a cotton rag. it also mkes the letters look better because the torch takes the porosity out of the crayon.

5 weeks after ordering the tube sockets on ebay and i get an email telling me they were returned to the vendor in china and can't be shipped for 3 weeks because they are on holiday there. I ordered them locally this time and hopefully I'll be building this amp early next week.

Due to a screw-up on my brother's part, wherein he measured a 12" speaker and reported it as a 10" speaker i now have a 10" enclosure to go with this amp. The new 10" driver arrives tomorrow. The transformers for the amp should ship this week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 147
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.