Engine noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The problem is your crossover. But if you grounded the shield of the RCA cables and the noise went away, maybe you need to solder a wire to the cable and ground the other end of it.

Just a hunch, but it might fix it.

If you want to repair your crossover it will not be that difficult. The problem is a burnt trace on the circuit board. The trace connects the input RCA jack to the output RCAs.

I Am An Idiot said:
The problem is your crossover. But if you grounded the shield of the RCA cables and the noise went away, maybe you need to solder a wire to the cable and ground the other end of it.

Just a hunch, but it might fix it.

If you want to repair your crossover it will not be that difficult. The problem is a burnt trace on the circuit board. The trace connects the input RCA jack to the output RCAs.

i tried a different crossover still the samething i think it's the amp because i hooked up another amp and i do not have any engine noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.