enclosure for veravox 7x and super tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi
i have the above driver and am looking for some enclosure size recomendations

it will be used with a helper bass driver so it does not have to go low ,just be as pure as possible in the mid band

i already have some cabs made of 30 litres which i can port leave sealed or i have some apreodic vents i can add if they will work

also what super tweeters do you guys reccomend my budget for them is $200 each

i already have some revelator dome tweeters as well that i could use if they would work

here is some pics of the cabs ,they already have the bass drivers in ,just waiting for the veravox to arrive they are built to the bbc style with 12mm marine ply sides and tassie oak frame

cheers
ps i know this is classed as multyway but the veravox mid is a fullrange driver so i though you guys would better know how to get the most out of it

Attachments

• bookshelf 001.jpg
    bookshelf 001.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 199
  • bookshelf 002.jpg
    bookshelf 002.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 199
  • bookshelf 005.jpg
    bookshelf 005.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 202
  • bookshelf 004.jpg
    bookshelf 004.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 197
I have these drivers (though I'm afraid are boxed up at the moment), and really like them in OB, fantastic drivers. My plans are for the Basszilla type of enclosure (OB with woofer below), which I have about 70% built, but have been sitting since I moved to a smaller place about 5 years ago. How time flies.

If memory serves, SPL is about 95, QTS about .50. This page has some recommendations (odd URL, but seems to be accurate somehow, scroll down):

Strassacker: Speaker - kits - do it yourself

hey all
i will be using my mini dsp so all active

that tweeter looks nice dynablaster ,not sure how i would mount it though as i want to keep to the classic look and mount all the drivers on the baffle

the driver sims nice in 25 to 30 litres sealed using unibox or 80 ltres ported
but unibox seems to optimise for bass responce more than midrange so i really need some advice here as bass is not what i,m after from the veravox

thanks for the link onespeed ,my driver looks different to that one though maybe that is the old version?

cheers

I have not heard them, but I read every day about Loudspeakers, and those Visatons are among the best Tweeters that you can buy for normal amount of money ;)
and they look nice too :D

PS: TL Series from Visaton are they best products, they have Coral drivers labeled with TL

Last edited:
g,day

i still am unsure about the box size for the veravox 7x

i would love if someone could sim it for me or offer some advice on what to look for when using unibox to obtain the best box tuning for mid range

i will run it from 180 hz up as high as possible to meet the tweeter so it needn,t do bass i just want the best sized sealed cab for mid to high duty
any help would be much appreciated

ps i just bought some visaton tl16 supertweeters ,cant wait to see them

cheers sheafer

g,day

i still am unsure about the box size for the veravox 7x

i would love if someone could sim it for me or offer some advice on what to look for when using unibox to obtain the best box tuning for mid range

i will run it from 180 hz up as high as possible to meet the tweeter so it needn,t do bass i just want the best sized sealed cab for mid to high duty
any help would be much appreciated

ps i just bought some visaton tl16 supertweeters ,cant wait to see them

cheers sheafer

Congrats on the tweeters! Wanting to hear how those sound. Please keep us posted.

This was posted in the link I posted in earlier:

recommended cabinet 1:
closed cabinet with 17 L volume
from 90/57 Hz (-3dB/-8dB)

hi all
thanks inrank
that confirms what i was getting ,31 litres seems like a good start
i also have 2 scan apreodic vents here as well so i might try your suggestion

hi onespeed
not sure who first linked to those tweeters but i have been looking at them ever since wondering if i should
once i saw them in aus i thought what the hey ,they also will make the high crossover easy,er as well i think

g,day el Ol
i have some small cabs here doing nothing so i might give them a try later
i also have some scan revelater tweets now and 18w8531g which i might make a 2way out of later

any way thanks for the suggestions its been very helpfull as always

cheers

hi all
thanks inrank
that confirms what i was getting ,31 litres seems like a good start
i also have 2 scan apreodic vents here as well so i might try your suggestion

hi onespeed
not sure who first linked to those tweeters but i have been looking at them ever since wondering if i should
once i saw them in aus i thought what the hey ,they also will make the high crossover easy,er as well i think

g,day el Ol
i have some small cabs here doing nothing so i might give them a try later
i also have some scan revelater tweets now and 18w8531g which i might make a 2way out of later

any way thanks for the suggestions its been very helpfull as always

cheers

g,day
i,m hoping if someone can tell me is there any benefet to a tl design mid cab over a sealed or apriodic ?

i would be restricted to the dimensions of the existing cabs mid enclosure though, which are 350mm wide by 355mm deep and 280mm high 34 litres

so my question is can i add partitions into this mid enclosure to form a constant t/l enclosure tuned to say 60hz and if so is there anything to be gained over the apreodic enclosure i have already planed

thanks in advance

cheers

hi GM
so is a tl workable for my design ?

the cabs are already built so my height width and depth are fixed and all the calculators i have seen only give fixed measurements so you would have to build from scratch

can any one here help with a way i can calculate a tl to suit what i already have
the mid driver specs are linked on page one of this thread

regards sheafer

TBH, I didn't read the whole thread, just commented on the one Q that caught my eye. Rick Shultz's Alpha TL design routine published in 8/03 AudioXpress works well for designing a maximally flat impedance [~aperiodic] alignment, so assume a same/close enough one can be calculated using MJK's Classic Alignment Tables.

It takes an acoustically large cab to be ~aperiodic or about 73 L using published specs, so with only 34 L you'll have to do it electronically with an impedance compensation network.

GM

thanks GM
i will try to find that article

the cabs i have actually are 84 litres but are divided into two sections
one of 34 ltres for the mid and 40 litres for the bass

i was thinking about installing some apreodic vents in the shelf between the two sections so they are linked , i know bass and mid drivers should be in there own seperate cabs but i wonder how they would interact loaded this way

cheers Sheafer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.