Enclosure design for pair of JBL 2226H

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If its crossovers you're wanting to model, VituixCAD can generate ZMA files by tracing published impedance curves to get you started.
However, unless you've measured your driver in a prototype box your frequency response data will still be incomplete as it won't include things like Baffle Step effects. VituixCAD can approximate these which is better than nothing but still not as good as working with real data. Hth,
David

If its crossovers you're wanting to model, VituixCAD can generate ZMA files by tracing published impedance curves to get you started.
However, unless you've measured your driver in a prototype box your frequency response data will still be incomplete as it won't include things like Baffle Step effects. VituixCAD can approximate these which is better than nothing but still not as good as working with real data. Hth,
David

thanks a lot for the help, yes I understand the limitations. I couldn't run vCAD on my Mac via wine so I wanted to play with Xsim that runs ok. still reading/learning too...
I indeed need to make a prototype box first with the selected tuning.

I have a single unit per speaker with a ~122lt box tuned to 38hz (PiFour is tuned there).. all this in WinISD of course. My LP point is going to be lower that 1k too. closer to 600-700hz I believe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.