EnABL - Technical discussion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here ya go

Attachments

• enabulled.png
    enabulled.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 236
Here ya go Cal. Free, just cause you are so cool and I know you will use it immediately. Plus, it doesn't mess with your hair style at all, will be much easier to keep clean and your women will think it's a tribal chief's mark and swoon.

Bud

Attachments

• Cals Earable.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 90
We think alike Elias (been drinking?), but why not apply the elixir to the whole head??

cheers,

AJ

Reminds me of Queequeg from the 1956 move of Moby Dick.

"And this tattooing had been the work of a departed prophet and seer of his island, who, by those hieroglyphic marks, had written out on his body a complete theory of the heavens and the earth, and a mystical treatise on the art of attaining truth; so that Queequeg in his own proper person was a riddle to unfold; but whose mysteries not even himself could read. And these mysteries were therefore destined in the end to moulder away with the living parchment whereon they were inscribed, and so be unsolved to the last."

- Moby Dick - Herman Melville

Hum, sounds like an apt description of Enable, no?

Last edited:
Hi,

Is Enable patented?

I was just thinking if this kind of Enabled bathroom contains any patent infringements in case you listen music in there:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Not to leave anything by change maybe it's better to Enable everything:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

- Elias

Hi,

Is Enable patented?

I was just thinking if this kind of Enabled bathroom contains any patent infringements in case you listen music in there:

Not to leave anything by change maybe it's better to Enable everything:

- Elias

I'm more enabled by the owner of the red high heels:yummy:

problem solved!!

I know this is terribly off topic but it sure has me laughing. Bud, I really appreciate you doing that to my head. The only problem is I can hear my wife clearly now. Before it was just a kind of wah wah wah wha. I kinda liked it the old way.

See you in August again?

Cal...

Maybe an inverse, mirror image enabl pattern on her head would cancel out all discordant utterances and leave you in sonic nirvana??:wave2s::D

John L.

Here's something for your brain John. Soongsc, quite far back in the original thread, discovered a mid cone position for the rows of pattern that completely dispersed the major resonant node on his test subject, a Jordan JX92. The test data is there in the thread.

I happened to have two pairs of the Jordan drivers on hand and I duplicated his placement of the toothpaste pattern bars, with acrylic paint. Of course I did not measure a thing, but the audible effect was interesting, revealing a lightness and agility to the reproduction of music I did not hear from the drivers that were untreated.

I have been experimenting with this effect, having found that the placement of the rings on the Jordan corresponded with an audible change in tone and a seeming change in decay direction, from towards the voice coil, to indeterminate and then towards the surround, when lightly struck with a small stick. This radial position for change in tone comes from a barely controlled taping on the driver surface, in a radial manner, with the tip of one of the pen nib holders, a narrow, relatively hard and light tool.

Once I learned what I was listening for, I found these change points on every driver I could use this method on. The pattern rows now adorn the entire surface of a treated driver and from an on axis view point, are very evenly spaced, even though their radial distance apart, on the actual surface of the cone, may not be, due to curvature. This distribution holds true for whizzer cones also and the first placement on a cone, under a whizzer cone, corresponds to the outer diameter of the cone.

The result of applying these distributed rings is an elimination of those radially dependent tone variations and elimination of the seeming change in decay vector, with all decay pointing toward the surround.

Audible changes area striking clarity, without superficial edge, and what appears to be theoretically correct dispersion, without audible combing. Much the same as the original pattern sets provided, but more effectively eliminating the shrieks and comparatively poor dispersion patterns, along with the extra downward dynamic clarity.

I offer this and invite you to experiment with a typical cone driver, though domes do show the same characteristics for the few I have dealt with in this fashion.

So, there you go, yet another "mystical treatise on the art of attaining truth".

Bud

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.