Emu 1212m problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Of course.
The problem was 1 broken muting transistor, for the channel that had lover output level.
The problem is solved simply with removing the transistor from the board. Nothing on the board is changed, so, finding a new transistors and soldering them to the board is possible.
There are some reports that removing muting transistors may positively impact the sound, so I removed all 4 output transistors (this is also considered as a mod for the card).
The other side of removing these transistors is slight "pop" on powering ON and OFF the PC, if the amplifier is turned ON.
The muting transistors are the transistors on the last photo I posted.

Thank you.

Hi all.

Don't know if it would be better to create another thread but, since it's a problem related to the EM8810 card, i'll report here.

I have the 1212m combo with the notorious muting transistors problem on the EM8820 card. Fixed it with your precious help by replacing two MMBF4392 transistors as i didn't want any pops...

And now i got from a friend another 8810 card, PC12440 rev B card, same thing. He busted the dock power connection and tried to fix it himself. Very messy job. I think this is 3 layer pcb maybe?... Now, with everything cleaned and without a new connector on the board, I get 4.5V DC on the 12v input (?). And without connecting the 12v power from the ATX psu.
The earlier messy job did it of course. Any hints on how can i fix this?

regards,
Adriano

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.