Eminence LAB15 Subwoofer, 4ohm, Special Run for CHEAP on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice...glad you got em coming. Your furniture looks great! I've been doing a ton of finish carpentry in my apt, been keeping me busy and away from spending $ on audio lol
WxRdKX.jpg

k1Y3PD.jpg

Still learning, and no where near finished, but I built it all! Cabinetry, bar, ceiling from scratch etc. :D

Last edited:
Thanks
I don't only because I have no room for it. I already have all the pro audio stuff in my parents basement lol. But if you're not using it see if someone on here wants it, put it to good use!
I built another for someone literally a few months after you came to pick it up.
kQhp8p.jpg

And I think he wants to get rid of it now as well (only because in its current position it doesn't work well for his listening position, and with such a large cabinet there aren't a ton of placement options in a living room lol)

a few progress shots.
First I made a tapered piece of ply to use for layout and later for braces.

Next shots are of using the tapered piece to layout the sides.

and lastly the sides with some measurements written in.
Over all the sides are 29 3/4tall by 31deep The pieces that make up the horn are 16 3/4 wide.
I'll get some more done this evening.
Evan

Attachments

• DSC02382.JPG
    DSC02382.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC02380.JPG
    DSC02380.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC02379.JPG
    DSC02379.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC02378.JPG
    DSC02378.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC02377.JPG
    DSC02377.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC02376.JPG
    DSC02376.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC02375.JPG
    DSC02375.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC02386.JPG
    DSC02386.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC02385.JPG
    DSC02385.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC02384.JPG
    DSC02384.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 300
I want to send a thanks to bjorno. Your time is appreciated.

A couple shots of the bracing and the assembled box.

I tried it out hooked to one channel of a crown ce1000 (450w at 4ohm)
There is a little bit of chuffing. I hope this might be helped if I round the plywood at the exit of the horn. Otherwise it sounds good.

I'll try to get it outside over the weekend for some measurements.

I have all the parts cut for the second box so it shouldn't take too long to put together.
Thanks again to all, Evan

Attachments

• DSC02387.JPG
    DSC02387.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC02388.JPG
    DSC02388.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC02390.JPG
    DSC02390.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC02391.JPG
    DSC02391.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 99
mOreilly, Music. This type of build is something I've been itching to try. To be honest these will be a bit large to have a permanent home in our living room. I will most likely keep the boxes for the occasional party either at my place or at friends, and use the drivers in a smaller sealed box with some eq for the rest of the time.
Evan

Construction looks great as expected.

You sure it is chuffing? Not motor noise? Have you tested the motor free air and listened for noise? Area of the opening looks decent...but maybe try cutting a spare piece of wood with a slightly larger opening and retesting each time to see if it goes away...while not negatively effecting output.

I have not tried the driver in free air. I will. Since the front panel is removable I am going to try rounding the edges and if needed a bigger outlet. I have a umik microphone from mini dsp so I can measure and see what is happening to the output. My daughter and I are going out for a surf and I'll play with "stereo stuff" later today.
Evan

OK I decided since time was short today that I would just finish up one box and try it out...no measurements just listening. I rounded some edges and doubled up the removable front to reduce flex. Holy cow....just one of these at high volume makes me worried about the integrity of my house. Played at a reasonable level the sound is superb. Palpable Bass without being boomy. I will try to get outside for measurements for those interested but it's safe to say for the cost this driver is excellent.
Evan

OK I decided since time was short today that I would just finish up one box and try it out...no measurements just listening. I rounded some edges and doubled up the removable front to reduce flex. Holy cow....just one of these at high volume makes me worried about the integrity of my house. Played at a reasonable level the sound is superb. Palpable Bass without being boomy. I will try to get outside for measurements for those interested but it's safe to say for the cost this driver is excellent.
Evan

Sounds a lot like my reaction to my SWE10s4 constricted transflex design (worried about house), and that was with a pair of 10's in a total of 6.7 cu.ft of box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.