Emerald Physics 600.2SE

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Yes, you can buy them as off the shelf items. They are complex devices (lots of possible connections for status, logic, control, etc) and need some smarts and logic to ensure a smooth startup. You have up to 1200W peak power available so you want to be sure it doesn’t have a pop that can blow your speakers. There is a thread in Class D forum on how to connect these and get them running.

The modules are available from various sources. Profusion for example:
https://www.profusionplc.com/parts/icepower1200as2

Make sure you get the cable kit that comes with it. Datasheet is here too.

https://www.profusionplc.com/parts/icepower1200as2#data_anch

$23 is a great price for the cables from this site.
1675092872385.png

What the 600.2SE amp provides is the total integration of this module with a world class tube buffer that accepts single ended or balanced inputs, a superb custom CNC’d aluminum chassis, and carefully designed user interface that ensures proper startup and shutdown.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Little details matter. I’m going to improve the power on switch reliability and ease of assembly by switching over to a custom made helper PCB with a MicroMatch EDC ribbon cable connector to run from the switch to the 1200AS2 amp module and the tube buffer logic circuit.
00C9449B-3629-403F-A56F-B6779263BCAC.jpeg

1675190503735.jpeg

The size is very compact to allow it to be threaded through the panel cutout.

Hand soldered connections (like below) are ok for a one-of prototype, but ease of production and real world reliability are important and vastly improved with MicroMatch connectors wherever possible.
1675190684032.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
This really is a fine looking amp. Great industrial design. Plus, I am a sucker for most amps with meters. It sure has me going back more than once to admire it and contemplate getting one of my own.

Question: Regarding the power switch, was silver the only color choice? With the rest of the amp looking so sexy in black, the polished metal power switch detracts from the black stealthy looks.