Embarrassing moments! (Are you man enough)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I must admit,

I learned a lot from my embarrassing moments..On closer inspection the bike strip would have worked if I had noticed the very fine gasket between the plate I was removing and the back of the gaer box..
It was so many years ago...older and wiser comes to mind..:D

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
When 30 seconds can seem like hours..

You know when something goes wrong and time seems to slow down..It can extend moments of terror and anxiety into a lifetime of pain..
Ok we are on holiday by the sea..my son only about 4 or 5 has caught a crab fishing over the harbour wall..I’ll just get some water in a bucket so you can keep it and have a look for a few minutes..

Off I go (with the bucket) down the ramp for the boats to get closer to the water noticing the slimy green algae..
Reaches over the wall to get some water slip up to my ankles in the sea water..now my trainers are wet, so stands up and with perfect balance slides down the ramp splash ..
Up on the harbour a hear LOOK MOM DADS GONE FOR A SWIM.. As everyone on the harbour all look at the same time..I stand up again and attempt to get out with no luck..by this time the wife has edged her way down and holding the lads spade out to me,” here grab this”..I’m still slowly sliding further down the ramp..I reach out for the spade with feet gradually running faster and faster like (road runner trying to escape coyote) you know the dream the faster you run the slower you go..

Until breathless collapse to my knees and slowly slide up to my waste..No matter what I do its just impossible to maintain composure ..@@@******B…….C…… oh Bo….
As last ditch attempt I grab onto some rope and pull myself out..as I walk up the ramp to cheers of Hurray, laughter and clapping… Well done,,,nice one,,,can we have a replay,,couldn’t have done it better myself,,brilliant,,,best laugh I’ve had in years,,,You’ve made my day….

I took a bow and left as quickly as possible…

Regards
M. Gregg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.