ELEKIT TU-8850 SE KT170 SET AMP

Received mine today! Look forward to getting started on it. Thanks Victor!
PXL_20230919_213817316.jpg

I am finally going to start assembly this week. Debated whether I should purchase Takman resistors but decided to just stick with the stock. Purchased some Miflex coupling caps that I'm looking forward to trying out.

Anyone finished theirs yet?
I am waiting until the Lundahl transformers are in to build the Amp. I have received Duelund CAST-PIO-Cu Pure Copper Foil and K75-10 which I will be rolling into the Amp. The AN Copper is Very Good, but the Duelund is on another sound level. For the resistors, I am going with Amtrans AMRG and AN Tantalum (from Victor). 9Pin sockets with either Amtrans or Belton Gold Plated.

TU8850Parts.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Nice parts stash! Those AMRG resistors look great! Look forward to seeing how they look in your build. I just noticed those Duelund caps are on sale currently at partsconnexion.com. Might have to buy a couple of those to keep in my upgrade pile :)

I was going to wait for the Lundahl, but think I will build stock and then upgrade to the Lundahl down the road.

@vkung I meant to ask earlier...will you be selling those acrylic capacitor brackets that you sold for the TU-8900? Those looked quite useful.

I also liked the acrylic top panel you sold for the TU-8900 as well. I would be interested in that upgrade as well if you ever offer it.

Yes.. The acrylic topplate is available
Also Audio Note Tantalum resistor for TU-8850 is available in the 2nd week of OCTOBER
Lundahl LL3727/90ma is the 4th week of October
First time to order tube directly from Russia .. Thank you Meg from New Sensor to help me for this shipment ..

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I've gotten started and have worked through several of the smaller boards now. So far so good!

Quick question for those of you who are smarter than I. Since this amp is auto-bias, how important is power tube matching? I'll admit I don't fully understand how the bias system works in Elekit amps, but have only used exactly matching pairs in my TU-8600. I know that tubes can be had much cheaper if they don't need to match exactly. Thanks!

Bonehead move on my part. I soldered the power diodes in place of the Zener diodes. I removed them all and now need to order replacements. Looks like they are MCC HER208. Never had to order an HER208. Anyone have recommendations on brand? Amazon has some no name HER208 for cheap, but I know how that goes.

Striveday 300PCS Diodes Assortment HER208 (2A 1000V) High Efficiency Rectifier Diodes https://a.co/d/fYwZMn8