Elekit TU-8200R Speaker Pairing

Okay, so there's a thread about 8600/8900 Elekits and speakers. How about TU-8200R? I'm running mine in a smallish - 20x16 room - with bookshelf Klipsch R-51M and I never get to 12 O'clock on the volume control. I might not be the most discerning type - I like my music, but I don't think I qualify as an audiophile. I'm loving it. What are you using?

Tried to edit, but can't change typo in heading...grrr.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Given the highish Rout of the amplifieryou ideally want a loudspeaker that has a flattish impedance or one that was designed for a highish Rout amplifier like most of the Fostex FE series (those are not small).

What happens is that the impedance curve affects the FR, everywhere it is high you will have more output than wanted.

Klipsch (with factory XO) do not typically have anywhere near flattish impedance, and their sensitivity is usually optimistic (seems on avaergae about 3dB).

Setting of the volume control is dependent on the gain chain of your system. The only real reason for working about wher it sits is that pots often track less well at lower settings.

dave