Elekit TU-8200R hum and no music

Hi all!

I have just finished the assembly of my 8200R, I only get a big hum through the speakers even a low volume and no music. I have checked and I don’t see any big mistake. DC voltages are in range although left channel voltages are about 10% higher than right one. I would really appreciate if someone could help me with a similar problem or some hint for troubleshooting. Thank you in advance

I hate to say this - I have the same problem. I've built several guitar amps over the years and the Elekit TU8200R is the easiest build I've ever done. But maybe I got complacent. I've reflowed all the solder connections although they all lokked perfect to start with. I recehecked the values and placement of all components. It has a loud hum regardless of volume setting, the hum reduces volume when I touch the volume knob or switches. No signal from the input at the output. Tomorrow I'll try to follow the path with an oscilloscope.

I suggest you to check your soldering and all the connections between PCBs.
If you do not insert the CN1 and CN2 propery, you will not have sound.
Did you solder CN1 and CN2?
These are common errors .....

Please read the manual step by step one more time.
If you send me all the test points, I can hrlp you located the issue..

Hi Victor, I appreciate your help. I took everything back apart, reflowed the unit connections, then tried it again. Here's what I found - with nothing connected to the input jacks, it's silent. My voltages were all good until I got to #29. I'm reading -30.6 volts at that point - the chart shows 6.0-6.8. Here are all of the voltage readings:
1,2 - 3.4V
3,4 - 3.4-3.5V
5,6 - 105-106V
7,8 - 105-106V
9,10 - 19.8V
11,12 - 1.1V
13,14 - -15.2V
15,16 - 267V
17,18 - 0.45V
19,20 - 259V
21,22 - 264V
25 - 279V
26 - -30.7V
27 - -32.1V
28 - 5.8V
29 - -30.6V

What did I miss? How do I have negative voltage at 29? I'll take off the main board and look at D7 again.
Thanks again,
Mike

Problem solved! Apparently I had a solder bridge - no thicker than a wisp of spyder web - on D7. Copper solder wick took care of that. Amp is silent now until I feed a signal, then it sounds marvelous! Thanks for taking the time to look at my issue.

Last edited: