Electronics Gurus.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok nobody seems to be able to answer this. On my head unit the output for each channel is L-3.93V and R-3.93V feeding each channel into a mono amplifier I know the signals are combined but are the voltages also? Do I add them together to get 7.86V ? I know if I disconnect one side it get quieter so it is cutting voltage. Any help would be greatly appreciated, trying to set the gain input level properly (1V, 2V, 4V, 8V, 16V) on mt Kicker sx1250.1's. Polo..:)

Ok my amp is digital, in the beginning of the menu it asks what input gain level setting. I need to meaure the appropriate voltage which I did then select the desired setting, I will either select the 8V or 4 V setting. After the gain range is set I can accurately go ahead and adjust the amplifier gain. This has a line driver and digital signal processor built in. Range setting and gain level are two different things on this amp. All I need to know if the voltages combine 3.93+3.93V= 7.86V? Polo...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.