Electrocompaniet Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lyra said:
I've been trying too mail the file(s), but I have got some error messages.....to big file etc. I am trying again right now, but in the future it would be a lot easier if there where some space where it could have been uploaded to, and where You could download it from. Any suggestions....dont have to be for more than 10-14 days!?...or?
The whole (?) file is just below 10MB....

Wow that's a big file!
Did you compress it?
Usually there are troubles with attachments > 5MB, splitting the file, if possible, will help.

Anyway I have another email, pirobrothers@tin.it or andypairo@supereva.it

Let me know if these work.

Cheers

Andrea

Lyra said:
I've been trying too mail the file(s), but I have got some error messages.....to big file etc. I am trying again right now, but in the future it would be a lot easier if there where some space where it could have been uploaded to, and where You could download it from. Any suggestions....dont have to be for more than 10-14 days!?...or?
The whole (?) file is just below 10MB....

Thank you, I received the files.
I can try to upload them to my "web disk", but don't know if it can be properly accessed.. can someone try hitting on the "www" button under my posts and tell me what he can see/download?

Cheers

Andrea

I can see something like this:

BackAngle2 .jpg 12/11/03 - 9.53 94.1 KB
FrontLit11 .jpg 12/11/03 - 9.53 83.0 KB
FrontLit21 .jpg 12/11/03 - 9.53 81.3 KB
SideAside .jpg 12/11/03 - 9.53 66.4 KB
Symamp .JPG 12/11/03 - 9.53 570.4 KB

Seems like the bigger files are invisible!?....

According to my oppinion, and the pictures the amp is an old AW-65, but the amplifier-boards, and the trafo is from an AW-120 !?.
To be 100% sure you should have the schematics regarding the AW120...but that one I dont have....

If you decide on changing the trafo to a trafo that is more suitable ragarding tha SOA of the output-transistors, i might be interested in bying the AW-120 trafo.
I got an old AW-100 with trafo-hum....quite irritating !!! I think the AW-120 could be able to adapt the trafo from the 120 watter. Slightly higher voltages, but think that could be overcome.

Send me a mail when you have decided, and what you eventually how much money you want for it !?

All the best.
Lyra

My bet is that the output-BJT's is same as the newer AW-60FTT whitch uses 2SC3281/2SA1302 BJT's
Maybe MJL4281A (NPN) and MJL4302A (PNP) could have been used instead. They can stand a little bit more power i think, but not enough to last with tough loads (4ohm etc.), and 46V supplyvoltage.
But who knows, you might be lucky !? :)

Tor M said:
Hi Lyra!

Is it possible that you have the schematics for the ECI-1 laying around too?:)

I`ve been asking Electrocompaniet if I could have a copy, but they don`t even bother to answer my mails!:bawling:

So if you got them I would really appriciate a copy!!!

regards

Tor Martin

After finding that my amp board doesn't match with any of the schematics I have (it is balanced and has also JFET input) I tried mailing Electrocompaniet, explaining the situation and remarking that the mess was caused by a official EC repairer...
Well today they answered me asking a pic of the board to properly identify it and then said they would send me the correct schematic.

I hope we can find a good solution...

Cheers

Andrea

After some days the service department of EC mailed me back with attached the service manual of AW100DMB.

Unfortunately this is still the wrong amp, since mine has JFET input (2sk117)... :confused:
Now I wonder who could identify a amp better than the company who made it....

If anyone owning a EC amp would be so gentle to take a look inside his amp and compare it with the photos I posted...

Cheers

Andrea

Andypairo said:
After some days the service department of EC mailed me back with attached the service manual of AW100DMB.

Unfortunately this is still the wrong amp, since mine has JFET input (2sk117)... :confused:
Now I wonder who could identify a amp better than the company who made it....

If anyone owning a EC amp would be so gentle to take a look inside his amp and compare it with the photos I posted...

Cheers

Andrea

Think You should ask for the service manual regarding the AW120.....
Have You an opportunity to mail me theese service manuals ?
It just might come in handy some day....

Andypairo said:

After finding that my amp board doesn't match with any of the schematics I have (it is balanced and has also JFET input) I tried mailing Electrocompaniet, explaining the situation and remarking that the mess was caused by a official EC repairer...
Well today they answered me asking a pic of the board to properly identify it and then said they would send me the correct schematic.

I hope we can find a good solution...

Cheers

Andrea

Hi!:)
So you did get the service manual. Thats nice!
Maybe I shall ask them one more time for the ECI1 schematics.

Regards
Tor M :)

EC Support: A+

I have to praise the customer support of EC: today I got in my mail the schematic of AW120.
Altough not exactly identical to mine (input stage is slightly different) the power section is the same, except for the model and number of power transistors.

Mine mounts a single pair of 2SA1302/2SC3281, the one on the schematic uses 2 pairs of 2SA1943/2SC5200, which are the replacement model for the formers.

As a natural consequence I'm tempted to add another pair, however the lack of emitter resistors calls for matched pairs.
I have MJL1302/3281 or MJL21193/4 available, but the question is: how to match them properly?

On my web disk is available this schematic (AW120.pdf)

Cheers

Andrea

Can't Download your .arj files.

Dear Andypairo

Try as I might, I cannot get either WinARJ or WinAce to successfully de-compress your .arj files for the AW-100, AW-65 or AW-70.

Each file downloads fully onto my computer. They are the "right size", but there is a problem with the header and the only files which show up are the main folder (AW65/70 or 100) and ONE program I used showed some page numbers.

Would you please check to see that you can download and un-compress the files for me.

If it all looks OK, what program are you using to de-compress them.

Regards,
George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.