• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

EL84 Amp - Baby Huey

A rough image. still needs final wiring alignments and cleaner looks
IMG_20230502_225704.jpg

Omg! 136 pages to go through to get all the details: what OT primary, what PT ht voltage and power, input sensitivity for which power etc

I take it that the schematic numbered “8” in the first post is the final (does any such thing exist on DIY) schematic that can be trusted etc.

Could someone kind and empathetic enough tell me in 2-3 sentences why this schematic is so nice/ works so well, besides its apparent simplicity ?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I take it that the schematic numbered “8” in the first post is the final (does any such thing exist on DIY) schematic that can be trusted etc.
Not sure which schematic “8” you are referring to. Attached is the final version of the “official” schematic for the Baby Huey EL84 version that I have. There were a few minor changes - Zintolo, do you still have your list of changes to the EL84?

Attachments

• EL84 BH R1.6.pdf
    159 KB · Views: 263
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi ilorev,
Well, most speak English. Why have everyone else translate?
Sarà il caldo ci metto molta pazienza ed ecco un lay6 di BW.
È necessario un sopralluogo da parte vostra. Dimmi errori poi le gerbere saranno a disposizione un ricordo al grande Marc... RIP
il lavoro è attualmente non testato
Through a translator gives us :

It will be the heat I'll put a lot of patience and here's a lay6 of BW.
An inspection is required on your part. Tell me mistakes then the gerberas will be available as a keepsake to the great Marc... RIP
the work is currently untested

-Chris