• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Edcor Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ty_Bower said:
So.. how many people here have actually used the Edcor power transformers? What's your opinion of them?

So far, my experience has been good. They are built conservatively and seem to hit their spec'd targets under load without getting too hot.

I have this for my Tubelab Simple SE:

XPWR035: 370-0-370 @ 200mA, 6.3 VCT @ 5A, 5V @ 2A

...and I had this one custom-made for a Tubelab SE:

XPWR131: 320-260-0-260-330 @ 175mA, 6.3 V CT @ 4A, 5V @ 3A

Russ

My experience with Edcor Pwr. Transformers

I have purchased two custom power transformer from them for amplifier projects. Both transformers are very well built and perform spot on the the design objective I gave to Phyllis. Phyllis has been very help full and seem to have a good understanding of what I am talking about when I discus custom design details with her. I would highly recommend them as a source for your project power transformer needs. The last transformer I ordered was for my 300 B project and this transformer like the first one runs without excessive heat and is hum free all the time.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.