• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ECC802S 12AU7 ECC82 heater question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello,
i wanna ask how to connect the ecc82s heater.The pins 4, 5 and 9 are the heaters. The pin 9 is the common pin. If i want to use 6.3vdc i must connect in parallel the two heaters?(4,5 together and 9 the second pin).
and if i want to use 12,6vdc i must use only the pin 4 and 5?(connected in series)
What is the difference of those two modes? (exept the different supply)

Just a side note, the 12AU7/12AX7 tube types were designed with the option of using 6.3 or 12 volt taps depending on the circuit topology. The 6.3 volt tap was usually used in all power transformer applications where as the 12 volt tap was usually used in the power transformerless or hot chassis designs.

ECC82 heater in DC

In this case I should connect the 9 pin to GND and 4,5 to +6,3V.
In the eventuality of change for example to ECC88 we can keep the 9 pin to GND and use the 4,5 pins for heater supply - useful especially for PCB designs, it's easier to modify the heater supply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.