ebay:Weiliang Dual X2 AK4399 DAC with LCD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Weiliang version or yuan-jing? yuan-jing version always hangs (20 min).

Couple of words for discoveries about display hanging problem of the "red board" DAC (Yuan Jing version). Problem stays despite re-connecting ground planes as described in posting #1014. The hanging of display appears when switching between different signal bitrates, for example going from 48kHz (TV-box) to 44kHz (CD-player) and vice versa. At the moment when bitrate changes the information on display hangs and system also stops to react on push-buttons (not all times btw).
As after some observations and experiments I discovered, to solve the case it's needed to reset the microprocessor. To pull-up shortly of pin No 9 of the microprocessor will do the reset. But this helps only AFTER the display hanging was already appeared. After reset the mircroprocessor in case of hanging, the system works flowlessly during the rest of the working session (until power is switched off). To reset microprocessor in preventive mind before display hangs, will not give result wanted. Must be some sort of software bug? If anybody understanding s/w issues here could better explain this phenomena and how to solve it nicely, would be appreciated. Now I suggest to add a button for resetting the microprocessor to get around the display hanging problem.

Last edited:
Hi knoberik
The problem is probably s/w related indeed. If yuan-jing board is identical to Weiliang, maybe you can switch over to that micro controller. I have version 1 Weiliang board, AK4113, and no longer use the original controller, detached LCD though and removed some components, so if you want it... But I would recommend to use the Arduino based controller instead, and you can alter software yourself easily with Arduino.
Nino

Сергей, just a custom ribbon cable. You can even solder a 12-pin header directly to the duino, thank Nino for his wise pinout.

Nino, it does not react. Either the AK is dead (most probable), or it's not configured to raise the int0 pin due to a prob with SPI. Without controller there's 0V, and around +1V when connected (internal duino pullup).
Shall it be high? If so, the diagnosis is clear...

It must NOT have been that chip finally. :redhot: Let it rest in peace. I've found ANOTHER farking flickering pin in the ribbon... after I cut the 4118 out.

Okay, now it's working with XMOS, while I'm waiting for the AK. Lis'n tomorrow, as it's 2:10am here...

Attachments

• ak4397-3.jpg
    ak4397-3.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 413
I designed for yourself regulators based TPS7A4700 instead regulators LT1085 (5V and 3.3V) and KA7805 (MC7805) primarily for dual ak4399 and weiliang xmos. This is an archive of PCB and schemes:
http://zalil.su/129646
PCB are made in Sprint-Layout 5.0, schemes in TINA-TI. Regulators are made so as to replace the existing regulators one to one.
The all boards used initially MC7806, and then TPS7A4700, plus 3 smd-caps (1uf). PCB are not do himself, TPS7A4700 soldered neither myself.

Attachments

• P1070343.JPG
    P1070343.JPG
    292.8 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Don't they need heat sinks (Vin is quite high, as is current) ?
Yes. Because I do not have radiators for tsp7a4700, I did a double stabilization. Main voltage drop occurs on the mc7806, who bolted to the heat sink, and a fine stabilization occurs at tsp7a4700, therefore, they do not need a heat sink.

I note that regulators instead of 3.3V and 5V for ak4113 not the right size ;(. But I was able to place their.

Attachments

• P1070342.JPG
    P1070342.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 330
  • P1070352.JPG
    P1070352.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Don't they need heat sinks (Vin is quite high, as is current) ?
This design does not support heat sink on the TPS7A47 chip. The chip should be "soldered" via "vias" to the opposite (ground) side. After i receive the completed PCBs for this chip, I will share the design. It may be used as the replacement of 7805 too, but it's possible to connect error amplifiers of the TPS7A47 direct to load. The output voltage can be adjusted from 3 to 20V with 0.1 V steps.

Attachments

• Lin_Reg.jpg
    Lin_Reg.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.