ebay IRS2092-Class-D-mono-amplifier help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 of these amps and traced down the circuitry. they contain all the overvoltage, undervoltage, temperature and dc protections mentioned in the IRaud7 design.
main problem is running them at too high a voltage , the output inductor will run hot. guess 55Vdcd is max. thinking of replacing the inductor by a gapped ferrite from ferroxcube or t106-2 . sometimes these classD boards are shippped with polyester caps in the output filter (MKT), replace them with MKP .

connector is XH3 from JST or similar 0.1" pitch.

I have 2 of these amps and traced down the circuitry. they contain all the overvoltage, undervoltage, temperature and dc protections mentioned in the IRaud7 design.
main problem is running them at too high a voltage , the output inductor will run hot. guess 55Vdcd is max. thinking of replacing the inductor by a gapped ferrite from ferroxcube or t106-2 . sometimes these classD boards are shippped with polyester caps in the output filter (MKT), replace them with MKP .

connector is XH3 from JST or similar 0.1" pitch.

I use t106-2 inductor too and it runs quite cool.
Be careful with output filter. If you run it without a speaker connected it can blow output capacitor. I always use a 250VDC output capacitor.

Hello Troy,

have the same Kit bought from Aliexpress for USD14.48, I am operating the same with 40 - 0 - 40 VAC & Amp transformer, with DC rail of 37600MFD each-+.

For audio input I got the cable from old CD rom and the center pin is ground.

The performance of the amp is great in 10" 8 Ohms speaker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.