Ebay amp....power supply? quality?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree. It'd be a great deal at $33 but to spend near $100 for a transformer just to be able to try out this amp that may or may not be any good is too much of a gamble.

Vacuphile...don't worry about thanking me. I'm just happy to help a fellow enthusianst get what he/she needs.

That goes for anyone on here too....if you need parts that you can't get delivered to your country, drop me a PM.

If anyone does have a spare transformer laying around and wants to give this a go, I'd really like to find out why this amp is so cheap.

If you buy a second hand transformer like the one above (Post #20), you will easilly be able to pass it on to the PASS fraternity as its also good for the F5 builders.

I know this thread is pretty dang old, but maybe you guys can help me out here. I'm really (....like REALLY...) new to this diy audio game. I've make a couple things with the plug and play sure boards, but wanted something a little tougher (and cheaper...im not gonna lie....) so I got this board.

SOOOOO....here's my question.

From what you've guy's have said and what else i've been able to scrounge up on the internet, I need a trasformer like the one linked below. The description asks for a dual 18-24v AC transformer, but I'm not sure how to wire this thing up.

the board has typical positive, negative and ground terminals and the transformer has 8 wires (4 primary and 4 secondary) and I have no clue how to wire it up.

Also, any ideas where i can find a 3 pin connector for the audio in on this thing?

thanks a lot guys.

the transformer
Avel Y236503 160VA 22V+22V Toroidal Transformer 122-615

the board
2 1 TDA7294X4PCS Amplifier Board 2X80W 160W Speaker Protection | eBay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.