Easy-to-Build 20Hz Subwoofers for Medium Size Room

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zobsky, what is it you don't like about T-TQWT? It's just a negative flare tapped horn. It's smaller, less sensitivity, but plays ALOT lower for a given size. My T-TQWT is destroying my walls.

On the contrary, I have built (and like T-TQWT). Mine too has rattled walls at several friends' homes.

The only minor peeve I have with them is that "mine" (loaded with an afire shiva) struggles a bit dynamically when mated to high efficiency speakers like horns or arrays. Horns just seem to mate more "effortlessly" to these kinds of speakers. YMMV depending on what drivers you use.

When used with the typical 87-90 db/w/m however, T-TQWT work just fine.

My T-TQWT was documented at http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/170277-opinions-needed-tapped-horn-drivers-2.html

Last edited:
Yes, it's based off the HR sim 3 translated to the posted sketchup(though I didn't know to set segment profile as PAR at the time. I don't think I ever posted impedance and FR response .

Anyways, I get the T-tqwt back next month - it's been in rotation at various residences over the past year. I'll post some measurements then .

Last edited:
Hi,

Eminence LAB12's in 100L each, tuned to 20Hz.

FWIW for two subs best is about 0.3 along the rear
wall and then about 0.3 along the opposite side wall.

Only one cabinet needs a really big sub amplifier
to drive both cabinets, think about 500W+ 4 ohm.
(The two will be 3 ohm, decent amp should cope.)

rgds, sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.