Easiest cabinet design for full range driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I just ordered the drivers. I got the half tower kit from css in case I doubt myself last minute. Plus it comes with pretty useful accessories. Gonna buy some plywood this weekend and hopefully get started. I'm pretty excited.
Thanks for the guidance you will probably be hearing from me soon!
-Kevin

Well guys, it was a much bigger task than expected. Working on and off for what seemed like forever I am finally at a point where I can listen to the speakers. As you might see I made a few sloppy cuts that I need to fill in and sand over but here is a picture of my attempt at the Mar-Kel70. After listening tests I can say that the bass is AMAZING given the size of the driver. Without taking driver size into account bass is still superb. Very nice and tight. The speaker really sounds great. Hopefully after breaking in it will sound even better!

Attachments

• mark-el_kev.jpg
    mark-el_kev.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 351
Wow, a fonken as a first DIY project.
Respect:) :)
I have build a set of jim griffin enclosures for the alpair 10.2, and i must say: i made a few mistakes, but....they sound soooo sweet, and it gets better every day :)
Enjoy your first build, and good luck on the next one!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.