Earthquake 1000bx excessive current while playing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I have removed that one. Now under about a 2 watt load I am drawing about 5 amps.

There is one that has 14mv when the other have 7mv and another that has 13 mv when the others have 8mv. Should those be replaced?

Also, I have the bias set to just where it seems to remove crossover distortion at the 0V line at this wattage. It becomes pretty obvious when the bias is set to high as the current goes way up.

The FETs are not heating up at this point.

If they're in parallel with others, remove them to see if the rest have approximately the same voltage across the resistors.

I'm assuming that the emitter resistors are all within tolerance and closely matched. If they're not, that could make it difficult to determine which transistors are passing the most current.

You should set the bias as low as possible it it doesn't affect the output (other than just a bit of crossover distortion).

It's pretty clear that two I already replaced during this latest process are still carrying a majority of the load.

The closest meter I have to measure resistors that low is a Fluke 8050A which has a resolution of 0.01 ohms. After setting the relative point, I measured .13 ohms across the resistor that was on the first output I replaced and still has more load on it than the others.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.