earthing rca shields...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i've been working from the rca's back to the board, maybe i should work from the other end and see what happens!

where the signal connects to the main board should i have resistance there to the negative terminal like i should at the rca shield?

i will get this sorted this weekend!!!

Wait, from the signal, or the ground? There should be a high resistance on the signal pin to the negative terminal. Now, from the RCA shield to the negative terminal, there should only be up to a couple hundred ohms.

Wait, from the signal, or the ground? There should be a high resistance on the signal pin to the negative terminal. Now, from the RCA shield to the negative terminal, there should only be up to a couple hundred ohms.

there is continuity at the main board black wires to DB to negative terminal.

but not rca shield to negative terminal.. nothing there at all!

the source cd player is ran off it's own little power supply if that helps?

Connect the ground terminal of the head unit's power supply to the ground terminal of the amp's power supply.

Then confirm that the head unit shield ground has ~0 ohm continuity to the ground terminal of the amp (with the shield to sink jumper removed)?

ok, my findings are as follows, with a wire connecting both headunit earth and amp earth up together the amp works correctly..

from rca shield to neg terminal with both jumper wires connected or disconnected (just leaving power connected for DB) i get very high readings on the mm set to resistance..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.