• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

E88CC preamplifier _ I need diagram

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have little experience with tubes arrangements
Excuse, I suppose that you need simple scheme and that you an Owner E88CC.
but not I like to make something on low level
Must decide what you wont. Tube finished own commercial life during `70 and evidence that all story about tubes spoken past time. Daniel scheme published at the Audio Amateur 2/85 and are modern scheme because, I told that, best thing in this scheme is op amp for stabilized anode current. MF resistor on anode is newly too, modern technology - our time (little noise) . Fdgrove sent output part without anode stabilization. I haven`t on file I forgot remark that transistor in anode in original is 2N440 but could change with any better you have satisfaction.
What do you think project, what it were been possible to improve in him about this
If I can say only more world and comment arhaic classic scheme and my advice to you ( my age 43) Technic and electronic are in function good sound. Forgot for MF and all parts if sound not really, transparenly, seperated instruments, etc...but all is important, trust me after aal of years, all is important and quality tin-solder.
All do for sound.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I didn't like Daniel -pretty overcomplicated,with unnecessary complex stabilisation of anode supply.
mebbe better idea is to make sort of WOT preamp,with two paralleled halves (so -one envelope for one channel) with ,say , 3K3 to 5k :600 ohms output xformer.
shunt reg,if anny ,is my fave .
for further ideas (or clarification) ,OP can search for Euridice ,or WOT preamp.
PCC88 was one of several tried tubes in my preamp quest history,in not so few topologies-SRPP,Mu,anode folower with and without feedback ,with low Anode voltage etc.
even if some ppl do not like that tube-I like it in some cases,but always with muuuucho current and at least 80 Volts A to K.
almost in any case paralelled both halves and 20 to 25 mA.
rest is simple.

hehe-try what Fdegrove sez.........man know his bizzzzzzz

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

even if some ppl do not like that tube-I like it in some cases,but always with muuuucho current and at least 80 Volts A to K.

Yes, but what can you do with it in this situation? Nothing.

Better off chosing another tube, I reckon.

Make the deal of a lifetime and pick up half a dozen of 12B4 or 6S19Ps for peanuts while you can and build something useful with those???

I'd save the E88CC for where they'd be useful....

Cheers,;)

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

sell me some of them...I've got a use (headphone amp)

No, you don't. NOS E88CC fetch more money than any headphone amp is worth...

Don't tell me you want to pay 150$ a pop for my Lorenz E88CCs??
Or 300$ for the Cca Siemens I still have?

Only to see them a three times that price in the East?
Thanks but no thanks, we aren't starving yet.

Good luck,:smash:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
fdegrove said:
Hi,

Yes, but what can you do with it in this situation? Nothing.

Better off chosing another tube, I reckon.

Make the deal of a lifetime and pick up half a dozen of 12B4 or 6S19Ps for peanuts while you can and build something useful with those???

I'd save the E88CC for where they'd be useful....

Cheers,;)

because of high mu, ECC is not so good for plain anode folower stage line amp,but is almost (I repeat almost ) ideal choice for WOT preamp- I know that you know better than me why and what -highish S, decent Ri etc,and gain via OPT is corrected in wanted ballpark.
price?
who cares-If ya love 'em ,just keep 'em ;))

balanced preamp

Hi!
Is there anybody Who has experience or know something from this preamp?
I would like to build it, but the picture is not the best and I don't know the value of the parts and what kind of PSU is used for?
Thanks!

Attachments

• tubepr1.jpeg
    tubepr1.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 541
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.