• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

E810F and general pentodes design question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
LCR phono

Hi Josh,
If you haven't already also do a search under JLH's name as he has posted about his "pentode LCR". Quite informative.
Again if you haven't check the Intact Audio forum as those guys have posted a lot of information.
For novel uses of pentodes check out JC Morrison's blog--though he likes SS CCSs ( though not exclusively) which might put you off. He also uses a lot of diodes for biasing which I would suggest is a strong recommendation for their use.
Good luck finding S&B LCR modules, and remember TL isn't the only designer on the planet.

best regards
tim

Hi Josh,
If you haven't already also do a search under JLH's name as he has posted about his "pentode LCR". Quite informative.
Again if you haven't check the Intact Audio forum as those guys have posted a lot of information.
For novel uses of pentodes check out JC Morrison's blog--though he likes SS CCSs ( though not exclusively) which might put you off. He also uses a lot of diodes for biasing which I would suggest is a strong recommendation for their use.
Good luck finding S&B LCR modules, and remember TL isn't the only designer on the planet.

best regards
tim

Hi Tim,
Thank you very much.
I've read the threads and blog you mentioned.
S&B LCR modules are just to be ordered from S&B and paid for.
Indeed, Thorsten Loesch isn't the only designer on the planet. I'd rather stick by one design and I chose Thorsten's one.

Hello Joshua,

I took 4mm silicone to decouple the sockets. The entire construction then is mounted on rubber suspensions to decouple it from the cabinet. I can hit it with my fist without hearing anything.

Best regards,
Martin

Hi Martin,
Thank you very much.
What are those 4mm silicones?
Can you describe, or draw, or post a photo of the rubber suspensions?

Hello Joshua,

I can show you examples from German ebay sellers:
http://http://www.ebay.de/itm/321120182961?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_1760wt_998
Gummipuffer Silentblock Typ A M4 Ø 15 / H 15 Silent Block Bloc | eBay

and how I used it:
Bild5.jpg

Bild18.jpg

I don´t know another source for the silicone but you should get the silentblock from a electronic supplier. RS for example has them.

Best regards,
Martin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.