Dynaudio D-52

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
d-54 crossover

Does anybody out there have any schematics for passive crossovers for linking Dynaudio d54 mids and d21 tweets (both horn loaded).
I have some of these leftover and looking to use them in a HT centre channel system.
(with VIFA bass p17)

The d54 & d21 were originally used with 30w54's (now in 200L reflex subs)

Also was somebody looking fore graphs for these drivers, if so I think I have some old info that can be scanned.
Thanks in advance

George
:)

I dont have any form for D-54, but My crossover frequensies for 54 are 500 and 3000 hz but my tweeter is peerless dt 115.

Are you intersting in to sell one D-54?? Is it same like in pic?

Attachments

• d-54.jpg
    d-54.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 499
Hmm, 500 to 3000hz; no wonder you`re killing drivers Jere! You really should add a low-mid driver to avoid killing those big tweeters...:confused:

I`m using D-52 from above 2khz(Seas G-17REX/P with two magnets "under"..) and up to 6khz where they give up without any filter, then adding a Scanspeak 9700 with just a 2.2uf tinnfoil as a filter.
The D-52 plays through 8.8uf(4x2.2)tinnfoil and I`m using a kind of "imp. corr." to tune it down a little.
This combination plays like "invisible" and are able to handle extreme power.

That's because I really dont have specs for Coral bass, an forexample d-52 (older) gives range 500-6000hz well. D-52's resonance frequence is 280hz.

3000hz is because of Frequency resp curve, original D-54's curve is not so straight, and crossover is before peak.

DT115 situation is most difficult 3000-20000hz! its fs is 1056hz so it can make it. now I have to repair only tweeter's curve,

whole speakers curve 35hz - 20000 hz +-2db

35-500hz -2db to +1db(150hz), 0db point 50hz

500 - 12000hz less than +1 db

12-20K +1 to +2db (+2appx 17K)

I'm using huge powers hardly never, why I killed D-54 was drunken accident with my old small amp. Then I lived in apartment building's 6th floor, and I had party with my room mate, we were listenning to music long time untill one man came from same building and beat the door, I opened the door and He was quite friendly, he just said "I can't sleap, could you please turn volume little bit down. BTW I live in 2 nd floor":eek:

In the morning I realize what we've really done, one D-54 was fell silent, forever :bawling: .

Re: d-54

george a said:
Jere
I am undecided about selling one of my d-54
besides it appears you are in Finland? and I am in Australia, probably expensive just to post...?

Contact me off list if you wish

George

From australia to finland 2000g paracel, meas. 20x20x20cm via economy air, costs something like 40$. so it's up to you.

C.O.D. would be the best payment term?

coral 12l - 25b , 5m-12 , 25 - 21a

Hi i was at a garage sale the other day and came across 2 x 4" high speakers, tape player, record player, a record selector, and a 20band eq, i went up to have a lok and noticed they had 20 bucks the lot so i bought it not caring if none of it worked at all, after getting it home i looked and all of it every thing work and i was happy.
Then the fun started, i opened the back of the speakers boxes which where fairly poorly made but i didint care but i found with i though was great i each speakers there was
Coral 12l - 25b's (60w), Coral 5m - 12 (40w) and 2 x Coral 2h - 21a (20w each) and though what a great deal becuase they all work perfectly have really good bass and are very wquick and responsive ( using my own amp i already owned ) but i was wondering if anyone had more information even though it has alot on the back of each speakers i was wondering if any one had pictures of the speakers listed above and any specs of them if u could send these it would be very greatly apprechiated.:att'n:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.