Dynacord CLS 222 Leslie Simulator clone

First thanks for reply. I am electronic hobbiest and I have a preety good equipment (dont have a osciloscope). It means I have a digital meter a couple solder gun, vacum pump and I can change parts because I made some equipment for me. BTW I a old on thi forum but I must change username because my e-mail was corrupted and I change it. One more time thanks for reply

Hi, Dukanita.
Unfortunately I can no longer find the 222 schematic on the internet but do I recall the the schematics being similar to the 22 - only with a few extra passive components.

I suspect Q2 or I4, more likely I4 as it's quite static sensitives.
First measure the control current from pin 1 of Q2 (above I4, which is the left-most CA3280). Confirm that the current is fluctuating. Compare with pin 1 of Q4 (from the bass channel) if you'd like. If you suspect that's fine, next check the voltage of I4's first output, pin 13- this voltage goes through a unity buffer that drives the treble LED.

If I4 proves to be failing, you can replace it with the modern part AS3280.

Reactions: 1 user
Someone who is reading this thread, informed me, that some of you is seeking a CA3280 (Transconductance amplifier). I have 5 of them (Intersil, I believe), NOS. Never used, never taken out of the foam packaging. In case the person is interested. I didn't follow this thread, so bear with me if I'm just chiming in here.

Reactions: 1 user