Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Ahahahahah!... i love my people, these brazilians are

natural show men.

Look what Renato did:

Painel Cabeçote - YouTube

This is the Dx Super A....he made pictures and i will upload them too....soon.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dsc07628n.jpg
    dsc07628n.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 781
  • dsc07626o.jpg
    dsc07626o.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 700
  • dsc07625i.jpg
    dsc07625i.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:
We need huge heatsinks to use Super A, the transformers also is bigger

rectifiers must be bigger, filters must be bigger (15.000 plus 15.000uf) to a single channel.... it is almost a new amplifier...so, people that has made the Dx Blame ST and want to use the Super A features, will be forced to replace some parts and to use forced air cooling.

Temperatura ST 80mA Bias / 100% Vol - 52Cº - YouTube

Carlos

Mister Carlos does not feel well today so I just want to announce that the Dx Super A layout is finally completed and it will be check it by Carlos as soon he is better I don't want to bother him, this is just a quick view of how it looks for now it might have changes later, so this is not a final yet, until mister Carlos check it and approved.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Super A top black and white.png
    Dx Super A top black and white.png
    320.3 KB · Views: 347
  • Dx Super A top bottom.png
    Dx Super A top bottom.png
    354.8 KB · Views: 382
  • Dx Super A.pdf
    82.1 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
It is almost perfect Juan...it is time to finish to release it

put something to separate Layout Designer - Juan Vargas and reduce your "frog" or increase my "Dx" in order to make them same size...and anything more to comment.

But we have (you and me) to give a tripple check in all connections to see if anything was missed or shorted, or having tracks almost touching each other (avoiding this way, solder shorts and capacitance trouble)

Not layout designer Juan Vargas, put Layout designer: Juan Vargas .... or Layout designer - Juan Vargas

Congratulations Juan...you have learned from the begining...made it from the scratch, and even this way you have made it so good as a professional.

But we took two or three weeks..... Alex mm do that in 50 minutes or less.... the guy is a layout machine!

regards,

Carlos

Mister Carlos does not feel well today so I just want to announce that the Dx Super A layout is finally completed and it will be check it by Carlos as soon he is better I don't want to bother him, this is just a quick view of how it looks for now it might have changes later, so this is not a final yet, until mister Carlos check it and approved.

Regards
Juan
Hi to all
can you share pcb please?
can i use TIP 35 / 36 for this amp?
what about TIP2955 / 3055 ?
how much power can handel this amp with this teransistor ?

Yes.... he can make it with one hand at the back

and very fast...the man is a machine....very skilled guy.

This amplifier will not have the same performance about harmonic distortion if you use these transistors my friend from India...also you will be forced to use 8 ohms only in the output..but for sure will produce an awesome sound that may eat hundreds of other amplifiers in the breakfast making you a very happy man and your friends will be deeply impressed with this unit...for sure you will have people asking you to build for them... this gonna make you happy...guaranteed!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx.jpg
    Dx.jpg
    940 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
thanks for your answer

and very fast...the man is a machine....very skilled guy.

This amplifier will not have the same performance about harmonic distortion if you use these transistors my friend from India...also you will be forced to use 8 ohms only in the output..but for sure will produce an awesome sound that may eat hundreds of other amplifiers in the breakfast making you a very happy man and your friends will be deeply impressed with this unit...for sure you will have people asking you to build for them... this gonna make you happy...guaranteed!

regards,

Carlos

Hi dear carlos
i can not find your transistor here
i can find 2SC5200 / 2SA1943 and MJL21193 / MJL21194 and 2SA1494 / 2SC3858 and 2SA1492 / 2SC3856
which one is ok for your amp?
i want use this amp in 2 OHM loud
can i use just 2 teransistor in exit for 2 ohm?
how much voltage and curent for 150watt in 2 ohm?
thanks for your reply my friend
sory for my english
have nice time

It can go to 300 watts at 2 ohms...but none of these transistors will fit

With these transistors you show me, for instance 2SC5200 and it's complementary you can go to 150 watts at 4 ohms only and better not to install a 2 ohms speakers or load on it

Supply voltage is 42 volts DC positive and 42 volts DC negative (from a 30 plus 30 volts AC transformer)... you will need huge electrolitic condensers, 15.000 plus 15000uf/50V to operate 8 ohms and twice of that to operate 4 ohms..... do not use 2 ohms with these transistors you have available..they will not survive.... your supply power will be 300 watts or 300 VA (or more) to face 8 and 4 ohms loads (75 and 150 watts RMS, distortion THD 0.0014%)

If you want to operate 2 ohms, then you should find MJL4281A and MJL4302A, your supply power must go to 700 watts or 700VA to one single channel, condensers must go to 40 thousand plus 40 thousand microfarads, insulating voltage should be 50V or more, you must use, at least, two output pairs, your heatsink must be giant and your supply voltage cannot drop from 42 plus 42 volts.....you cannot use higher voltage than that....cannot use 43 plus 43 volts and if your heatsinks choice was no good you gonna loose all your power transistors.

To a single channel your heatsink must be equivalent to 70 aluminium blades measuring 10 by 10 centimeters assembled together as a heatsink having 70 fins... this is to one channel only and full power that is more than 300 watts RMS at 2 ohms.

Cannot increase voltage .... do not even try, your BD139 and BD140 may explode if you do that...maximum is 42 plus 42 volts...and to obtain full power cannot have voltage drop...... having voltage drop your power achieved will never reach the maximum.

Carlos

Hi sir carlos
thanks for your reply
the other one i find is not suitebel ?
can you please share your best pcb and layout and shematic for me ?
do you have complet protection for this amp ?
(over curent - short circut protection - dc protection - over and under voltage protection)
i want use this amp in my car
i use sir apex AX12 now
is this suitebel for car sub woofer and band ?
my sub woofer is 2 number of 305C from pioneer and 8 number of 6975 from pioneer
thanks my dear friend.
have good day

Please, uncle charlie is zillion times busy

Search the Dx Blame ST thread, or Dx Blame ST builder's thread.... also take a look at Supercharged blue boards threads...there you have a link, to a brazilian site and inside this link you have protection circuit schematic and surge circuit schematic...delayed insertion and all stuff you may need.

All these circuits where offered by a friend as cooperation...i do not know details about them.

I do not even use these circuits, i am an old bugger, i do believe in fuses, i do not mind about all these modern sophistications...i have just assembled one, and once, to test and now i forgot.

My computer is new...i have no link here... favorites gone with the wind..... i cannot give you the link, you must search in these threads to find that link.... but if you really wanna know the truth, search the ESP pages from Rodd Elliot, because i do think my friend developed these circuits based in Rodd Elliot protections circuits...so...go to the source and make Rodd Elliot circuit.

There's no original things now a days...even Doctors have learned from someone.... because of that there's no really "owners" of circuits of knowledge...you go to a College and you learn things you have not discovered yourself, and based in that knowledge you create things....are these things really yours?...i do not think so, they belong to the Universal Knowledge, belongs to the mankind.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Pcboard layout is almost ready to go to the manufacturer

I have made my final revision, i have found some mistakes that gonna be fixed today and then the pcboard will be ready to go.

Juan will prepare black and white layout to home etching, will publish them here, and today, and you will be able to make by yourself.

A video, about my final inspection is being uploaded and soon you gonna have the link for it.

Juan has the intention to produce 4 pcboards, a stereo for me and another stereo for himself....just that...but you can try to ask him to order for you too... go to his email and give a try...i do think you will receive a no as answer..but you can try... we must always try... we never know the result without try.... this adress below is Juan Vargas adress.

vargasmongo@gmail.com

Video now ready:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij50vI51594

regards,

Carlos

Last edited: