Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Juan have prepared a gift to me.... a kit of parts

He is waiting some power resistors from his provider and will ship these parts to Uncle Charlie.

This is kind...this is nice...this is friendly.

You see coils he made using his bare hands and a pencil as a core.... we have no green enamelled wire in Brazil... despite we have a free importation harbour inside Amazon Jungle, town of Manaus.... where you have river Amazonas.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Parts kit from Juan to Uncle Charlie.jpg
    Parts kit from Juan to Uncle Charlie.jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 578
  • Manaus Harbour.jpg
    Manaus Harbour.jpg
    724.1 KB · Views: 532
Last edited:
Yes dear Carlos probably today I might get the package from mail and I send you the complete set of resistors and the coils I already prepare them and thin them too.

I made a quick video updates of my build so you guys can see it too. here is the coil thinned, is that the right word?, I apologies my poor English.

Dx Super A quick updates - YouTube

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• coils.jpg
    coils.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 463
Nice work Juan... i just cannot wait for my boards

I have made some xerox copies to make the power supply using the hot iron method...i have some fiberglass and copper boards and i will make two units for my use.

This way, i gonna check it real life...then we will be able to post it in the Supply forum and also here, because it was made to be used together the Dx Super A... this kind of supply is a need to reduce cost... electrolitic condensers are very expensive and we gonna need a lot of them to operate 2 ohms and full power...with this kind of supply (other maker will fit too, not needed to be a Dx Supply of course) you will save money spent with condensers and will have electronic filter and voltage stabilization.

regards,

Carlos

No!... these IRFP are Field Effect Transistors and does not operate in this circuit

I have shown a non tested, not approved, nor tuned or tweaked suggestion made to a friend start from that point and develop the circuit.... that one does not sound fine.

The original circuit uses BJT (Bipolar Junction Transistors)...and they are different when compared to FET (Field Effect Transistors)...they are both transistors, but biasing voltage is different, stand by current is different and performance is different.

You cannot remove BJT and install FET without make huge changes in your circuit.... you also cannot do the opposite.

regards,

Carlos

Yes Carcass, this was used half century ago, painters used

to dilute material to pain their artistic frames..also Banana Oil and some other vegetable oils were used.

Now a days we cannot find.... we have petrol, then all material that comes from Petrol.

I use alcohol to clean pcboards, because some white stains remains because of alcohol diluted material, then i finish cleaning with Kerozene.

Terebentina é o nome.... Terebentina is the name in Brazil...also in Portugal i think.

regards,

Carlos

India, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Canada, Portugal, we need one more guy or girl, I still have one pair left one more country are welcome to Dx Super A, I'm not doing this for profit and I'm poor but I do not announce that for that purpose, money is not that important for me, "is need it of course" but I just want to share, but I also need to compensate the payment I did on the order big order I made, also, I can wait to see mister Carlos boards!,well, today I was really busy but I might continue with the other board putting together all the components, and then adjust the bias "standby current" to 2.5V, I know I don't have lot of money to get the chassis for it :( but I'm just happy :Dthat I have it, accomplish and I'm really proud for been part of it, maybe in the future I can make that happen about the chassis. One more note: please do not think because is Class A that this does not have power, yesterday I was playing loud music specially low frequencies and my 15" woofer was pounding really hard and is a beast of woofer!, do not underestimate the size of Dx Super A!, be careful with the volume, I have an image of similar woofer the one I use I have an older model [200 ounces magnet 4" voice coil]. Pyle Pro 15" 1000 watts. and a picture of the older Pyle Pro 1K watt. well guys have a great day.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Juan Dx Super A.jpg
    Juan Dx Super A.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 439
  • PDW15125.jpg
    PDW15125.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 409
  • Pyle PRO 1K watt.jpg
    Pyle PRO 1K watt.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
I see...you have already keept 2 boards for me or Meanman

These are special reserve...i am lucky Meanman have not bougth it...heheheheh..so...they gonna be mine...yessssss!

It is all rigth to sell the other ones you have...i thought your were selling the special reserve.

I am waiting postman to bring the first two units from you....i am already searching for parts.

Go ahead to sell to one of these guys that presented to buy the last available ones.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Sell them all dear Juan.

I do think we can order again in the future...so, no need to reserve pcboards today.

I see there are many guys in Brazil interested to buy these International pcboards, despite they have a brazilian version that cost less...and quality is also less too.... i do think they will migrate to you and then you will order another batch.

From this new batch you reserve two for me...and keep it till i ask you to ship them to me.

regards,

Carlos