Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dx Blame ST will be tested together the Dx Super A module

Soon you gonna have results and movies about.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Blame ST will be tested together Dx Super A module.jpg
    Dx Blame ST will be tested together Dx Super A module.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 371
Please, do not build the Dx Super A module for a while

Wait further informations about... i have made a huge mistake... a terrible error..i forgot connections to the pcboard that make the circuit to operate dinamically..it was operating statically alike a bias trimpot only..without feedback.

Here you have a video explaining:

Do not assemble Dx Super A for a while - YouTube

I will continue...and now the circuit used will be the Dx Blame ST (Brazilian forum version)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSCI0716.JPG
    DSCI0716.JPG
    513.4 KB · Views: 350
Zimmer, a Brazilian, have asked me gerbers to produce Dx Blame ST pcboards

Because he wants to give a try in the Dx Super A and do not want to mess with his already built amplifiers.... also he wants to compare.

This way he asked gerbers and made an offer to provide pcboards to Brazilians interested to buy at cost price.... he knows that 30 pcboards cost much more than 50 pcboards....so, as much he order the lowest gonna be the price.

If you are interested, then go to his email adress and ask him if he can provide you pcboards.... i am not sure if he can (paypall) but you can make a try if you are interested.

These boards are no more available, more than 200 sets where produced and distributed and some guys could not have them even in Brasil...then we stop to order these boards and we have started the Supercharged blue boards order.

I am just introducing you to Fabio, details will be between you and Mr. Zimmer.

He is from South of my country.... a German descendent ..... we call them kraut here.

imap.eletro@gmail.com

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Blame ST - Brazilian green boards.jpg
    Dx Blame ST - Brazilian green boards.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Another beautiful Blame ST will be produced. Still my favourite alike a first born. I see German efficiency written all over it. Zimmer must be more of a Happy kruat more so than a sour one. :)
By the way I love the pcb you produced Carlos it should be shown at a museum of modern art. For sure someone will pay thousands for it.

Regards

Simon

Thank you Simon .... i am preparing together Herman a much better pcboard

That gonna be used to the new Dx Turbo (new Edition to July 2013).

It may be released earlier because the DxXs (Excess Amplifier) ....based in the Dx Blame ST but hard to kill .... almost undestructable.

I am working on it right now.... 8 months developing a pcboard to be perfect.

I cannot show the entire pcboard....super symmetrical layout.

Ahahahhaha!...Herman is delirant about copper tracks aerodinamics profile.... we talk about weight distribution and how this thing would float on watter ... unsinkable alike Titanic

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Turbo.jpg
    Dx Turbo.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 281
Titanic had sink..... undestructable amplifier can be destroyed

Yes, for sure there's no unsinkable or undestructable things..... someone can use a sledge hammer on it... same way titanic crashed an iceberg.

But board will be nice... very nice... at least will be a result of many good guys development, that started with Todd Johnson, and then Mitchel, and now a days Herman..... these are step by step progress.

Simple rules that i was trying to be the north to Dx amplifier layout designers was:

- Try to make as square as possible.... avoiding long strips, or rectangular
- Do not worry about wire jumpers, better to have jumper than long tracks
- Thick or large tracks only to power transistor colector and emitter
- Parts not touching one each other, good clearance in between them
- Total symmetry, even having non symmetrical circuit topology
- At least an inch clearance in between output coil and sensitive circuits
- All letters same size, discreet, small, elegant in such way parts wil cover
- All lettering horizontal
- Components values printed instead or together part identification number
- Parts distributed in order not to have empty, unused spots on board
- Output picked in between the output power emitter (people's beliefs)
- The smallest possible power output emitter resistors, to save room
- Lettering exposed in a discreete way, not to look advertisement outdoor
- Several holes to input capacitor in order to builders apply preferences
- Ground copper track surrounding a fixing screw hole for optional ground
- Avoid to use transistor leads as a support for the board.
- "L" shape adaptor to 100 watts amplifiers, and room beneath transistor to fix it in between the fiberglass board and the power transistor back plate using bolt and nut.
- If possible place ground lower, or down the board (reading position)
- If possible place positive to the right and negative to the left
- If possible place the output atop, nearby the power transistors.
- big distance, or clearance in between copper tracks avoiding the creation of capacitors because two plates (or piece of copper tracks) creates a capacitor when nearby... air gap capacitor, one of the best capacitors.
- Avoid one resistor mounted vertically and others horizontally...starting vertically go to the end same way.
- If you face the need for a long track length, then give prefeence to use a jumper instead that long track because they are inductors we must avoid.
- Be aware of magnetic coupling in between parts avoiding them
- Ground plane represents small capacitors all around the circuit interconnecting every component lead to ground... avoid ground plane
- Never use bigger capacitors than the value needed mounted into the circuit board.
- Avoid to install power supply in the same audio amplifier pcboard..this looks cheap...looks the factory is trying to save money...looks messy.
- Install power supply into the pcboard to fill the gaps of empty sites that
happens in long strip rectangular pcboards.

These are the basic demands i always had.... as i am too much lazy to learn how to use layout design software (I do not like them too) i use to ask people (that loves to do the stuff) to apply their skills and to join the Corporation (Audiophile Union) .... but was always a struggle to make them to follow my own demands as they are their own personal thoughts and demands...now a days, after years of slow progress, i am reaching my pcboard Nirvana, as the present day layout designer is tune with my ideas and always listen my suggestions and follow my rules.

Also Mitchel was following my ideas too... also Todd Johnson.... but Alex use to make his way and that's the end of the story..... because he is a professional, then Alex use to make great pcboards, not tuned to my personnal taste sometimes...but always very good.

regards,

Carlos

Yep, this was made inside a Brazilian forum.... a group buy style

Was distributed a long time ago.

Now a days these pcboards are playing nice music inside Brazilian homes.

We had another huge group buy that was fine too...the Blue board used into the Supercharged.

I had one complain only... first VAS burned, then i suggest the guy to increase resistor and no more troubles.

Mitchel (Miguel Nabuco) was the one put the group buy to run...he was an old and traditional seller of Gainclones inside that forum...this way people get into this new group buy..... was mainly because of his fame there.

Below you have Miguel Nabuco (Mitchel in this forum) picture....he will receive the invitation to go to the Petrobras, to work, as he succeed in a public contest... a young guy and his Doctor (Medicine) girl friend.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Miguel Nabuco - Mitchel.jpg
    Miguel Nabuco - Mitchel.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.