Dual TDA1541 Dual balanced DAC PCB (batteryman)

It's simple. The PCM board has 4 data outputs, L+, L-, R+, R-. The clock and latch (WS) are common to both because the dacs are in simultaneous mode so all data is latched at the same moment.

My messy wiring is embarassing!

Attachments

• DACWIRING.jpg
    DACWIRING.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 54
Thanks, but no use as it doesn't provide -ve L & R data for dual DACs.

I know you can just invert the data and put up with the LSB error at very low levels.

Also no mention of the clock being stopped after the data is latched - that's a very important feature for low noise, and whether it provides the offset binary needed for simulaneous mode.

Last edited:
I might redesign it so IanCanadas I2s-PCM board can be fitted to the dac pcb so the Ph2 cable can be kept very short.
Also remove the voltage regulators to save space.

To use the Grundig or even a divided Bck dem clock this would have to comre from the input to the I2S board as the clock is stopped after the latches are set.

Based on what I've read, I think all those changes would be worthwhile for sure. I'd say I'm two months away from finishing my workshop and being able to construct stuff but I'm certainly willing to test.

I was planning on leaving out the regulators to start and just feeding the board directly with Salas BiB 1.3 supplies since I have all the parts

I've also got 3 years of Audio Amateur magazine on the way that has some articles on the 1541 and a DAC layout. I'll scan some copies for you

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I built an external DAC psu which uses two banks of 5 cells, in a separate housing, with taps after 2cells for the +,-5v regulators & after all 5 for the -15v.

They are 8000mahr so don't need recharging too often but I do have to remove them and charge two at a time in separate Li-ion compatible chargers. (they are 22650 cells which are too large - the charger is meant for 18650 cells and could charge 4 of them at a time.)

I bought a multi cell charger / BMS with sensors for each cell but haven't fitted it yet. It would avoid the need to charge them outside of the DAC psu.

Quick blow fuses provide short circuit protection.
Did you ever get around to fitting the BMS?