Dual mono AK4495S with AK4137 and MCU/LCD DAC kit for $160

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Vulejov.
Can you tell me please where is the difference between dsd normal and dsd direct because i know you have another ak4490 board and you could switch between volume on and bypass and compare. which is better 50 or 100khz filter?
Thank you.

In blind test there is no difference between DSD filters and mods..
But, there is difference between PCM filters, someone can recognize sharp and slow filter in blind test..

thanks will check it out :) about the transformer ... with the psu needs that were supplied in post #76 it seems to need ~5,5W ... Any reason why the suggested tranny in the first post has 50W?

I tried a simple 10W transformer for operational amplifiers. He began to warm. And the sound was worse than with more powerful tranformator.
I have a large power transformers. Transformers are connected through a pair of resistors 10 ohm 1 (or 0,5) watt. Each of them.

Hi Grodon, that's bad to hear :(

xcj999, 50W is recommended as 1 bigger trany for both (AK4137 + AK4495) boards, there are power losses due to several power supply stages with pre-regulation for 9V rail so it's calculated with some spare room to be on safe side, don't think you will need more than 15W on 15V rail for opamp so you could split it into 2 tranies, one 20W 9V and one 15W 15V but you won't save much in cost and definitely it'll become bulky

Hi Grodon, that's bad to hear :(

xcj999, 50W is recommended as 1 bigger trany for both (AK4137 + AK4495) boards, there are power losses due to several power supply stages with pre-regulation for 9V rail so it's calculated with some spare room to be on safe side, don't think you will need more than 15W on 15V rail for opamp so you could split it into 2 tranies, one 20W 9V and one 15W 15V but you won't save much in cost and definitely it'll become bulky

I installed in the DAC 4 separate transformer. At 30 watts.
But this is because a lot of them with me. Of the industrial equipment. :)

Well that was a bad day. While wiring in a new psu some solder got on to the 4137 board and I didn't notice. On power up the magic smoke came from 2 shorted diodes killing the board and possibly the dac board too.
Now to save up another $300 au to replace the boards :(

You can check. Check the voltage at the control points on the DAC.
then you can xmos connecting directly to the DAC. But you need another connecting trail. In another wired.
Set the jumper to the DAC on the J2. Only. Did you enjoy the sound even more.

Everthing seem good, but there no sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a023b88fbe52dfd6255b9c755d0eed99.jpg

Hi

I have finally assembled the dual AK4495 board with Pan. FM caps for dac and Silmic and AMCH caps for the analogue part with a NewclassD discrete opamp.
I have tried the AK4137 seperately and it was working with the another dac but when AK4495 is connected then no sound at all ...independent of output sample rate...
J02 on AK4137 is set and j10 and 11 is set on AK4495...
Any clues to the sound of silence?

Attachments

• 20160808_221752.jpg
    20160808_221752.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 553
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.