dual folded horn plans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, then for now, a simple high efficiency (HE) point source (cone) driver speaker seems the best choice and depending on size constraints may can be an OB.

Just that if the WO were attached to a very large front horn that would load the drivers all the way down to ~40 Hz it would have so much efficiency that would have to be shelved down to blend with the ESL that it would be an expensive waste in time/$$$/room space.

TL = transmission line, a pipe enclosure that is usually tuned to around Fs and stuffed as required with polyfil or similar to make a smooth, highly damped (non-resonant) speaker. Do a DIYaudio search, there's a lot of examples.

OB = open baffle, i.e. dipole with no back box, like an ESL.

Vas = a driver's compliance spec, so a higher Vas tells us the box will be bigger than a same spec driver except with a smaller Vas spec. It also tells us it can track the signal better at small signal levels and that all else being equal, it will have a higher acoustic efficiency.

I assumed as much.;)

GM

i read on Transmission line boxes somewhere else...
They seem really compliacted to cut.

then a driver-in-mouth BLH (aka TH)

what were you reffering to here because this
http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~hanbei/eng-subwoofer.html
seems extremely easy.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and with a crossover that curve looks awsome.

although judging by that curve i would use a low pass with a 120hz cut off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.