DTQWTII from Argentina

Hello !
I have everything ready to glue the front panel with the side rails....:)

Attachments

• Encolando listones con tarugos guía 003.jpg
    Encolando listones con tarugos guía 003.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 830
  • Encolando listones con tarugos guía 042.jpg
    Encolando listones con tarugos guía 042.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Encolando listones con tarugos guía 040.jpg
    Encolando listones con tarugos guía 040.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Encolando listones con tarugos guía 037.jpg
    Encolando listones con tarugos guía 037.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Encolando listones con tarugos guía 035.jpg
    Encolando listones con tarugos guía 035.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Encolando listones con tarugos guía 024.jpg
    Encolando listones con tarugos guía 024.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 756
  • Encolando listones con tarugos guía 020.jpg
    Encolando listones con tarugos guía 020.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 757
  • Encolando listones con tarugos guía 016.jpg
    Encolando listones con tarugos guía 016.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 768
  • Encolando listones con tarugos guía 011.jpg
    Encolando listones con tarugos guía 011.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 799
  • Encolando listones con tarugos guía 026.jpg
    Encolando listones con tarugos guía 026.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
New photos of gluing the front panel.:)

Manufactures presses I have worked well...:D

Attachments

• Frente lijado 010.jpg
    Frente lijado 010.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Frente lijado 002.jpg
    Frente lijado 002.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Frente lijado 001.jpg
    Frente lijado 001.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Encolado tirantes con el bafle 009.jpg
    Encolado tirantes con el bafle 009.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Encolado tirantes con el bafle 007.jpg
    Encolado tirantes con el bafle 007.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 116
Some photos of an advance - very small - I miss, but it has taken much time and patience. It is not appropriate to use this tool. Not recommended, strongly .....
Very difficult, it is best to send a carpenter who has a router bank....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Rebaje de bafle 012.jpg
    Rebaje de bafle 012.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Rebaje de bafle 010.jpg
    Rebaje de bafle 010.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Rebaje de bafle 008.jpg
    Rebaje de bafle 008.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Rebaje de bafle 007.jpg
    Rebaje de bafle 007.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 150
  • Rebaje de bafle 005.jpg
    Rebaje de bafle 005.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 146
Hello academia50,

Very beautiful and good work! Congratulations!

I assembled the TQWT mkII version (in attachment but please pardon my low res photos), which in my room, the bass play just right for my SPL tastes and fulfilled the goal. In fact the bass is strong and very present. So I imagine that DTQWT must be good even for bass-lean rooms.
I do not know what your musical taste, but for balanced tastes this design is very good because it has neutrality allied with excellent sound dynamics.

I don't built them. I paid one professional to assemble the woodworking.

Attachments

• 2014-09-20 16.08.09.jpg
    2014-09-20 16.08.09.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 301
  • 2014-09-20 16.08.15.jpg
    2014-09-20 16.08.15.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 2015-05-30 10.20.07.jpg
    2015-05-30 10.20.07.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 300
Hello academia50,

Very beautiful and good work! Congratulations!

Thank you ! It is a pleasure for me to read comments of someone close, a neighbor almost.

I assembled the TQWT mkII version (in attachment but please pardon my low res photos), which in my room, the bass play just right for my SPL tastes and fulfilled the goal. In fact the bass is strong and very present. So I imagine that DTQWT must be good even for bass-lean rooms.

The photos look good, do not worry. I see there a push pull, the tubes are EL-34 or 6BQ5 ?

I do not know what your musical taste, but for balanced tastes this design is very good because it has neutrality allied with excellent sound dynamics.

I look for low fastest and defined that in a bass reflex enclosure, a long time ago LE14C vintage JBL has time to go for something more current. I miss tests with the tweeter and the difference was remarkable for the Audax-waveguide ... I hope the rest behave better too.
Neutrality - low coloration - perhaps more than I care dynamic range, because I think my current speakers perform well in that aspect. They are very efficient and have good engine - BL - ?....

I don't built them. I paid one professional to assemble the woodworking.

That I should have been cast, but I like to work manually and have experience in carpentry. The idea is to celebrate the New Year with my DTQWTII, we will see ....

Sorry to use the translator, but I'm not good in Portuguese and it is good that the forum can understand us! :D

Saludos amigo ! :)

Saudações, amigo!

*PT* Apesar de morar na fronteira com o Paraguai e trabalhar junto de paraguaios, não sei escrever espanhol; mas já compreendo ler e ouvir o espanhol.
*ES* A pesar de vivir en la frontera con Paraguay y trabajar juntos de paraguayos, no sé como escribir en español; pero entiendo leer y escuchar español.
*EN* Despite living on the border with Paraguay and working together with Paraguayans, I do not know how to write Spanish; but I understand read and hear Spanish.

I use the Google Translate for English most times. Sometimes I write directly in English if I "figure out" the proper words (like in last phrase here).

--The DIY PP amp in last photo uses PL509. Very rugged with lots of power with low B+. First stage with E88CC and second stage (phase splitter) with 6FQ7. But for my tastes I don't need so much power with the TQWT.
--for bass dynamics I consider the TQWT more punchier than all my sealed or vented tentatives. And more tonally correct. Part of this is because of JA8008 driver. Is very well behaved and don't have obvious vices/colourations like most drivers, even expensive ones, at least for my ears...
--With DTQWTII your new year will be very musical :) !

*PT* Apesar de morar na fronteira com o Paraguai e trabalhar junto de paraguaios

We will use San Google then, and fall Tower Of Babel ;)
You live near the Triple Frontier?

--The DIY PP amp in last photo uses PL509. Very rugged with lots of power with low B+.

I see now that the board is fed out to the cable .... :D
Delivery few watts that valve on your push-pull configuration ?

Part of this is because of JA8008 driver. Is very well behaved and don't have obvious vices/colourations like most drivers, even expensive ones, at least for my ears...

I'm glad to hear that, JA8008 now improved ... but hope I have not lost much with an old model ....:rolleyes:

--With DTQWTII your new year will be very musical :) !

I hope so, but I'm taking too because my other passion is tennis and I have very little time .....:xfingers:

I am following your build with great interest since I am thinking of building a DTQWT III myself.

Although I have done some woodworking I am a bit concerned about my abilities to make the cabinet.

Does Troels provide any construction plans when you buy this kit from Jantzen Audio or does one build only on the few pics posted on his website?

Thanks.

Nash

I am following your build with great interest since I am thinking of building a DTQWT III myself.

Although I have done some woodworking I am a bit concerned about my abilities to make the cabinet.

Does Troels provide any construction plans when you buy this kit from Jantzen Audio or does one build only on the few pics posted on his website?

Thanks.

Nash

I built Troels Nomex 164 build. No the plans are all on his website. He does have some "tips and tricks" page that is helpful.

I do automotive paint and body. There is nothing less forgiving. In my experience there is not much sand paper and wood filler won't fix when doing speaker cabs, as long as you can cut straight, (have a table saw and or miter saw works wonders, and a circle jig and router.)

And Google is your friend..as is YouTube!

Thanks.

Nash

Here you can find lots of valuable information for your project.

Another Troels Gravesen's DTQWT Project Build - Page 23 - DIY Audio Projects - StereoNET

As I have said, it does not provide other levels other than what is on the web.
I had to recalculate some steps that decided to use a thicker rear panel, you can see it on the plane that I attached, but it will not help you MKIII

Regards and luck in your project.:)

A planer is good also!

Thanks for your suggestions.

I suspect you suggest a planer so as to trim cut pieces a a hair to fit perfectly?

Since I have a small table saw. cutting big pieces on it will prove difficult. As an alternative I am thinking of cutting them with a circular saw with a guide clamped to the wood. However from past experience cuts are sometimes not exactly 90 degree edges. Any suggestions.

I echo your thoughts about auto paintwork having restored and painted two cars myself.

Nash

As I have said, it does not provide other levels other than what is on the web.
I had to recalculate some steps that decided to use a thicker rear panel, you can see it on the plane that I attached, but it will not help you MKIII

Regards and luck in your project.:)[/QUOTE]

Any reason why you chose MkII instead of MkIII?

Are you buying the kit from Jantzen Audio?

Nash

Any reason why you chose MkII instead of MkIII?

Are you buying the kit from Jantzen Audio?

Nash

I bought the kit Jantzen MKII and soon launched the new driver JA8008 HMQ.

Anyway impedance profile with two 10-inch drivers is something better for tube amps.

A single 12 inch driver with transistor amplifiers are best suited.

DTQWT-mkIII

" The DTQWT-mkIII now features as standard a single 12" Eminence DeltaLite mkII driver as most people, based on feedback, do not use flea-powered tube amps, rather solid state - or higher powered push-pull valve amps not having any trouble running a minimum 4 Ohms impedance. Those wanting a higher impedance (6 Ohms) can obviously still use two 10" bass drivers coupled in series as was standard the DTQWT mkII. Go to DTQWT mkII page for cabinet details and bass section crossover."

We will use San Google then, and fall Tower Of Babel ;)
You live near the Triple Frontier?

I see now that the board is fed out to the cable .... :D
Delivery few watts that valve on your push-pull configuration ?

--Yes, I live in Foz do Iguaçu, near Puerto Iguazú and Ciudad del Este. Argentina is 5 minutes from my house, and Paraguay some 10 minutes...

--I configured the amp for 60W/ch, but this tube supports more power if needed in another conditions. Since I never saturate this amp even with Telarc classical recordings, I'm thinking to reduce/lower the +B or change the output trafo for one with higher impedance for more class A power (and less max power), since TQWT project have plenty sensitivity. Or... maybe not, since this amp is with a so good sound that makes me not want to touch it for now ..