DSP Xover project (part 2)

:)

The option to include input processing on the output data is great. When I enabled this option I expected to "see" what I have been measuring. However, the impact of the analog gains is missing (I understand why). I forgot that I increased the overall analog gain while online. I would like to emphasize the need to make the entire gain structure "visible" offline.

Urban is right: the selected pairing is the most natural for the device architecture: it helps balancing the load between both cores.
Also, when you're using the onboard DACs, you'd want to keep one quadruple RCA for one speaker and the other quadruple RCA for the other speaker. It kind of makes sense, and the selected pairing is in line with that logic.

When you use your own DACs, then you're free to route the signals at your will to the expansion port (Menu Settings -> Expansion Port 0 routing). In other terms, nothing prevents you from having two paired channels on the same I2S line if this is what you want.

Ake: I don't know how you have connected your DACs, I can't be behind your back :)

If your DACs are connected on the I2S expansion port, then I think you should be able to route the signals such a way that you benefit from pairing without the need to change your hardware.

I'm more than happy to help, but I need more details: what channels are you using, how are your DACs connected etc.

Best,

Nick

No I´m using the analog input of the opams(to be anle to use the analog voulme control)
And I have mono sub so theres 5 cables to the IC sockel,so I only have to move 1 Opamp holder and desolder/resolder I cable (the mono sub) to get it right,no problem. :)
I haven´t tested the filter in my rig yet,will do it soon now that the new software is out. :)

One problem is when I want one of the 2 paired channels to be Right and one left,both turn to the same..or how do I fix that?

Edit:And if I do all the settings on this beta firmware,can they be used when the sharp verision comes,or do I have to do them all again?

Last edited:
One problem is when I want one of the 2 paired channels to be Right and one left,both turn to the same..or how do I fix that?

Un-pair the channels, change your routing to what you want, then pair again.

Edit:And if I do all the settings on this beta firmware,can they be used when the sharp verision comes,or do I have to do them all again?

This release is a beta version, it's not tested.

Did some beta testing.

Before, I had 42/41 % core usage on a three way 96khz
with a few eq's.
After, with the same project loaded it went to 47/42.
After dissabling channel 1-2 and channel 9-10 that
are not in use it went down to 37-38.
So far so god, but I now have indication of bass clipping
even if all channels are dissabled (inputs as well).
It indicates no clipping at the monitor meters.

Edit: The preset renaming function is of as well.

Edit2: If you want to save an old project under this beta version
save it as a new project otherwise it will not work with
the old Najda drivers. That way you could go back to the old
software/driver package without having to redo the project again.

Last edited: