DSP Xover project (part 2)

Define sound improvement.

I installed them in the middle ( 300-2000hz) and highs ( 2Khz-20Khz). Not in the bass region. Bass improved noticeably, I think because of the overtones, and it was as if a curtain was opended, more airy highs, more microdetails. It was as if the artists that were playing suddenly changed the way of playing music, this time with a lot of enthusiasm. Sorry for the somewhat unusual description, but that was it !
Cheers
Sigi

I have tried the LM833 (offcourse) after that the NE5532 and the OPA627.
I found the NE 5532 better than the stock LM833. Better definition better hights (i found the LM833 a bit grainy) but after a week i started to get annoyed by the NE5532. They are too bright for my taste. Then off cource you hear more detail, but it was out of balance imo.
The OPA 627 were a relief... from top to bottom a step up, better balance, not too bright, good/better definition. Very fine opamp imo. You can listen to it for days...

Today i recieved the Bursons... In a week or so i can tell you more.

Last edited:
I have tried the LM833 (offcourse) after that the NE5532 and the OPA627.
I found the NE 5532 better than the stock LM833. Better definition better hights (i found the LM833 a bit grainy) but after a week i started to get annoyed by the NE5532. They are too bright for my taste. Then off cource you hear more detail, but it was out of balance imo.
The OPA 627 were a relief... from top to bottom a step up, better balance, not too bright, good/better definition. Very fine opamp imo. You can listen to it for days...

Today i recieved the Bursons... In a week or so i can tell you more.

Hi,
yes, the OPA 627 was also the best before I installed the Bursons. You will like them!! am sure
Regards
Sigi

Hi,
the Bursons price is 130$ for a pair, OPA 627(2) on the special board between 80 and 100Eu. Be careful with low price types, they generally are a fake from china!
Cheers
Sigi

Don`t panic with cheaper chinese types. If you measure between pin 1 and 8
the 47k it is o.k. Most OPAs where build in China!
The 627 sound really good in the Najda. The Burson sounds a big step better for me! Also the Sparko discrete OpAmp does! The Sparko ist easyer to manage by his size! But you have to watch with Sparko and even more with Burson that the Power Supply can deliver the current! More then double current with each of your Opamp! And there are lots. I think Sparko likes a litte bit more the +-12V in the Najda.....

Regards
Ulf

Don`t forget the analogue input!

The Bursons do not take a lot of space... although it is a tight fit :) Do take some height.
After one evening of listening i do not want to comment too much... but it is clear that they will replace the OPA627 opamps for sure.

Pics of my Najda (my firts DIY project btw): https://plus.google.com/u/0/1129376...6130475021855315506&oid=112937628903960323118

Very, very nice build! But did you not forget the analogue input? The most important one?
regards Ulf

Shutdown98,

1. How do you like the diyinhk power supplies compared to SMPS?
2. Did you try putting the nice opamps in the in place of stock input opamps?
3. What channels are you using nice opamps?

thanks,
Herman

Hello Herman.
I did not use a SMPS. the first power supply was a liniair Sola, but i ordered the wrong one (no + -12V, so i did only use the 5V from that).
Compared to that the DIYINKH provided more silence end ease.

No... i didnt try it on the analog input. I use the WaveIO USB to I2S only for input.

I have a subwoofer for <80Hz and main speakers >80Hz. Both on the Bursons.