• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DSD not functioning properly with new 9038 installation

So after some pondering I replaced my 9018 board with the 9038. I already had the Mercury. It was a matter of changing the 4 resistors.

With the 9018 I could listen to DSD thru the JLSounds i2soverusb V3 card and Audirvana Studio
in my computer. I even got the latest JLSounds software installed.

But I have not been able to make it function with DSD. There is very loud intermittent swoshing sound every 5 seconds or so. There is music reproduction btw. I ordered some ufl cables to see if connecting the 2 boards with these the issue is resolved. The connections between both boards are exactly the same as with the 9018. 4”.

I’ve read about the issue here without any clear explanation to me. Once the topic of the SW 2 and the switch positions come on, I get lost, b1110 d16, etc. It looks like it does not have anything to do with Audirvana, like I said it worked with th 9018. I’ve tried all the DSD settings in Audirvana with same results.

If someone has solved the DSD issue here with the 9038 I would appreciate a pointer. Thanks!

Okey Dokey! it looks like it is working properly. Up to 256 kHz which seems to be the max. for my Macbookpro circa 2013. Set to OFF switches 5 to 8 and it played well for about a minute and then stopped. Then set ON sw 7 and it is now working.

Thanks to Pixelpusher and to Francolargo which has really helped me thru private messages along the way.

Received the ufl connectors yesterday but I’m not going to try them now. I’m pretty sure that the leads connecting to the dac board input are better for audio. And a happy Easter Sunday to all.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Manuel,

I'm glad its working for you now, but it is suspicious that it worked for a minute and then stopped until you moved one switch. If it quits again, you can confirm that the switch settings are what you intend by checking the external I/O header using a multimeter to indicate contact or no contact. The picture below (from here) shows the sites on the buffalo board that are parallel connections with each of the switches.

Enjoy the music!

Frank

Attachments

• Image 4-18-22 at 12.58 PM.jpg
    Image 4-18-22 at 12.58 PM.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 98