DRV134 pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Regi, if you check the datasheet you can see that Vin consists of two inverting inputs which requires no pulldown resistor. Bias current flows from the output of A1 and A2 via the internal feeback to the "+" input.

The first resistor is only a pulldown so the cap won't be charged if the input is unconnected.

Last edited:
The first resistor is only a pulldown so the cap won't be charged if the input is unconnected.
the pull down resistor ensures the input cap is charged. Omitting the pull down resistor and disconnecting the DC coupled source allows the input cap to discharge, back to near zero volts across the plates.

If there is an AC coupled source, i.e. with DC blocking cap on the output, then omitting the pull down resistor leaves the interconnect hot at indeterminate voltage depending on the respective leakage currents and voltages in/at the two DC blocking caps.

Last edited:
Bump once more. Any practical experience/opinions?

Hi,
I used 2 of your boards with LM regulators as a RCA to XLR converter on my B1, I had to use 2 independent transformers. When using the same transformer with 2 different power supply's there was a voltage difference between the grounds, when one of the boards was left "floating" (B1 or DRV134 board). If both where forced to be grounded to a star ground then it created noise. The only way we got out of this problem was to use separate transformers. Then everything worked fine!
Regards,
Eric

Hi,
I used 2 of your boards with LM regulators as a RCA to XLR converter on my B1, I had to use 2 independent transformers. When using the same transformer with 2 different power supply's there was a voltage difference between the grounds, when one of the boards was left "floating" (B1 or DRV134 board). If both where forced to be grounded to a star ground then it created noise. The only way we got out of this problem was to use separate transformers. Then everything worked fine!
Regards,
Eric
have you tried using 2 different power supplies that share the same bridge/smooth cap after the transformer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.