Drivers with a smooth roll off?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Posted measurement shows artifact in pre peak response in IR results consistent with feedback or multiple time bases (two sound cards with different clock speeds).

Peaking around 70Hz indicates we aren't looking at natural response of driver.

I use a USB mounted external sound card in my laptop with the built in SC turned off. The external SC is calibrated flat using HI's instructions.

The SS driver was mounted on baffle in speaker box. Hence the 70 hz hump.

Have you measured the 15W/8530K 01? I did close mic'd (red line). See below.

No I haven't measured the 15W/8530K01, but it shouldn't differ to much from the 15W/4531G00 regarding the frequency response.

Without knowing your measurement conditions baffle size and shape etc, I must say it does look a bit odd especially the wrinkle at 550Hz and the elevated response between 1-3kHz. Some of it could be explained by a near-field measurement.

Here's my frequency measurement conditions:

The mid-woofer is measured mounted in a 14 liter Dayton Audio enclosure (PartsExpress part #302-721) baffle with the following conditions:

• Baffle size (WxH): 21,59×35,56cm (8,5″x14″)
  • Driver position: Mounted on center-line with driver unit center 14cm from bottom of the baffle.
  • Mic position: 1m distance, 13.6cm above driver unit center (tweeter-axis)
  • Smoothing: No smoothing applied.

The is by far the smoothest mid-woofer I've measured.

/Göran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.