Driver w/Goofy Parameters. What to Build With It?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to thank everyone for their time and suggestions. I think I'm just going to hack this existing box down to a few litres and see how it does just for kicks.

I'm going to put money towards a decent driver, like a Dayton Reference, and build a real sub for daily duty.

How about a Daline? They like very low Q drivers. Design an appropriate sealed box for this driver, then add a quarter-wave-resonant line that has its fundamental resonance at the desired tuning frequency (near Fs). Don't stuff the line, but line the rear chamber with polyfill. The chamber decouples the line and allows it to resonate more freely, I think, but it also keeps material above the tuning frequency from entering the line and exciting it (which would otherwise create midbass boom.) It's a concept that I'm experimenting with in a current small-subwoofer project. (not the wave cannon one)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.