Driver suggestions 150Hz-2KHz Xovers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tenson said:
Scott, what sort of music do you listen to? I can't help but think it must be quite different to me.

I can't find a lot on the Veravox but I'm not really bothered by efficiency as I said before. I will have 500watts RMS for the midrange lol! It just needs to sound good. I know efficiency is important to good sound but it is not the be all and end all.

The linear decay plots don’t seem to be available for a lot of drivers.

Again, anybody got experience with the Dayton RSS315HF? How high can it be used?

Almost everything but C&W and RAP (..and sometimes a little from those as well like classic SugarHill or pop'esq or blues'esq C&W.)

Every once in while I just love to "crank-up" some AC/DC LIVE!.. and with a recording like that higher eff. drivers just seem to "come-to-life" more. (..and this goes along with that recent post on hifi drivers vs. pro drivers.)

yes this dayton driver looks spot on for what you are searching for . It's true that visaton drivers are generally a bit expensive, especiammy if you compare them to the daytons

Just on a side note : Tenson, do you realise what kind of SPL you are gonna obtain with 2 12" high excursion drivers ? More than you can handle, even with the visaton driver, even EQ'ed, except if you listen very far and have a very big room

What?! I can’t hear you!!

About 112dB at 20Hz with room gain? Sounds about nice :) From 40-50Hz a second open baffle 12" will kick in but I will need to limit the closed driver to what the open baffle driver can do so they are playing at equal level. I'll get about 110-115dB in room over the entire audio range. They should be quite compact as well. Anyway it is not about playing super loud it is about not being stressed when playing normal loud.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.