Driver suggestion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well after a lot of playing with WinISD and using a few bits of cardboard to see how much room this box could end up taking I've decided to go with the 12" XLS and a PR in a 60L box with 110grams added to the PR. It seems to model pretty closely to the vented solution and volume is down a bit which is good. I've resigned myself to the fact that this will not be my only subwoofer and so its become more of a build it and see how it goes and then at the very least I will have gained some actual expereince and have a fairer idea of what I'm actually looking for in the real world rather than dealing with figures.

Using 2 PR would be nice but cost starts to get in the way, at least this way I can in the future experiment with vented/more drivers/radiators if I want to. The huge ports kind of put me off, that and my ability to make huge flares. I modelled the 10" XLS with one PR which everyone seems to be fond of and it looks pretty much exactly like mine but with a bit less SPL so hopefully I'll be pretty happy with it.

If I'm doing something horribly wrong let me know!

I take it WinISD works out the inital mass of the PR via the Qms/Fs/Vas etc? Ie where you choose the "added mass" it is actually the added mass and not the net mass of the radiator?

Thanks for all your help though guys :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.