double Horn for FE167

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: almost finished

Spassgeneral said:
here some new pictures.
fighting reflections inside the 'box'

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

G'day Spassgeneral,

I used poster putty (blu tack) over the whole magnet and on the legs.
You may want to consider 'filling' the void behind the front mouting plate with blu tack to stop it ringing. Try holding the driver by the magnet and flick the mounting plate with your fingernail...

Cheers,

Alex from Oz

finished, I think.

some more impressions.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

with phase plug and very little poly behind the whizzer.

They sound great.
best sounding speaker I have ever owned!

there were
Quadral Montan MK IV :D
B&W DM 604 :rolleyes:
Infinity Kappa 90 renaissance :eek:
Fostex Fe168ez rec :devilr:
Martin King No.5 :devilr:

kimchi is very refined, natural, holographic....
pahse plug is mandatory with fe167!

greetz
vom Spassgeneral

LF

It is very difficult for me to describe the sound, because english is not my first language.
I don't have the equipment to measure the output of the kimchis. But I have a test cd with sinus test-tones down to 20hz.
Kimchis output seems to have no loss down to 40hz.
37hz is still loud and clear. 34hz is still audible.
I am very satisfied with this. I am also satisfied with the extremely clean and dry bass.
You can hear every single note when acoustic bass is played. The only resonances you hear are not from the boxes but from the wooden instrument played by the musican.

very impressing!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: almost finished

Alex from Oz said:
You may want to consider 'filling' the void behind the front mouting plate with blu tack to stop it ringing. Try holding the driver by the magnet and flick the mounting plate with your fingernail...

Try grabbing the driver on either side. Try to twist the basket...

We have been using SR500 (latex paint-on marine damping compound) to fill the hollow space under the bezel with a solid. Damps and stiffens. Can get messy thou.

dave

Re: bluetac

Spassgeneral said:
thanks for the tip, Alex.
can someone explain me. what bluetac exactly is?
It is not very common in germany.

gereetz
vom Spassgeneral

I used 'Plastic-fermit' (Nissen & Volk gmbh) duct seal to dampen my FE208S. It's available at Bauhaus stores. Great stuff, It sticks very well to metal and can be removed completely if the result is not as expected.. It is also very heavy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.