Double 21'' Subwoofer project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fs = 37 Hz
Qms = 9.56
Vas = 666.9 liters
Cms = 0.0421 in/lb
Mms = 2.716 oz
Rms = 4.129 lb/s
Xmax = 4.7 mm
Xmech = 0.278 in
P-Dia = 16.61 in
Sd = 1398 sq.cm
P-Vd = 0.0232 cu.ft
Qes = 0.3
Re = 8 ohms
Le = 1.93 mH
Z = 9.6 ohms
BL = 4.912 lb/A
Qts = 0.29
no = 10.86 %
1-W SPL = 102.5 dB
2.83-V SPL = 102.5 dB

A few of the specs might be slightly off because I'm sure Re isn't exactly 8R.

Hey :)
Sorry for taking so long to reply; Iv'e been away for quite a while and haven't had the opportunity to get involved in this again.. Anyways I' here now and if you guys still wan't to help I'm super thankful and i promise i'll spend an adequate amount of time here :)

However, I've decided to make the box for two 18'' subs instead, since i figured that's enough.. Also i want to be able to move the thing when it's done :p

So, yesterday i went to the shop where ill buy the speakerelements, and they have a box made out of the same 18'' i want. They let me take some measurements on it, and by peeking through the fence and carefully measuring the thing, here's what i made of it..

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is from behind with the back of the box taken off.
What makes me confused is the grid thing going on in the middle of the two speakers, instead of isolating them entirely from each other. I was hoping someone here might make more sense out of it, because the one in the shop sounds really good, and it's their best and most expensive sub..

Hugs
/Leon :)

Wow, thanks everyone for sorting out those parameters and for coming with tips! I'm afraid i can't make much of it though, not yet. I'm still at square zero with this so i don't really understand what you all are saying. I'm sure it will come of use soon though, i really want to learn :)

to "wakeup":
Well neither really.. It's for concerts, parties and such, and i don't like renting equipment, and i want to know how everything works :)

And yeah, i dunno if i screwed up trying to insert the images of my attempt on making prints for the sub, so here are the direct links:

http://img513.imageshack.us/i/bassbox3.jpg/

http://img513.imageshack.us/i/bassbox2.jpg/

Bye for now :)

technofreak said:
Singles give you exactly the same extension and SPL but are more portable - imagine lifting that double-18" upstairs and downstairs after gig, not fun.
I have a double 18 (300Litres) and I use it lying on it's side doubling up as a table/support for the TV.
It has four grab handles built in by Tannoy.
I cannot lift it by myself.
It is not intended to be portable, even if I fitted castors to it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.