double 15 th with the 18 sound 15 nlw9401 4r

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
they are great special with the dsp sw
flat to 35 and then highpassed 192 db/oct
i forget making a pic of the finnised product.
friday i'll do that (if i don't forget):eek:
met%20en%20zonder%20correctie%20totaal.jpg

the filter has been adjusted after i took this screeny

Last edited:
Hi epa,

So you provided sufficient room to install the drivers in the PPSL fashion.

As NEO Dan indicates in Post #29 it might provide cone correction between the drivers. A few old disc cutouts glued together, and screwed into the now wide open path could provide cone correction on the other driver? Obviously you would want that to be easily removable.

Looking forward to your usage impressions too.

Regards,

yes enough room.
in post 1 you can see the difference in output.
in ppsl mode you loose a tiny bit low end,and a flatter responce.
also the dip is gone around 120 hz(due to the cone correction?)

this thing is loud,i mean your voice occilating through the pressure.:wave2s:

Last edited:
you have any plan's /pics

That I do, well kinda, I have a CAD model and I'm 3 panels in on the build. Current progress is posted 50 inch tall dual tapped horn DIYaudio thread here

Attached is the hornresp model as it is being built. CAD side view is visible a few pages back in the thread at post #648, if you're interested I can upload the full model. Some work is yet to be done so the trim work i'm working on won't be in said model.

Note that the build is a 35 Hz tune. driver has 15 mm xmax and the thermal limit is 500 watts, Could be pushed to 68 V on a transient but I always overbuild and overprotect.

Attachments

• 2x12THasdrawn.txt
    999 bytes · Views: 91
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.