Dolby 2.0 DVD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone able to share knowledge on Dolby 2.0 as it relates to overall sound quality compared to other formats?
I am asking here because it is audiophiles that I am seeking to please.
I am finishing a DVD, a music documentary and in order to save file space we are facing using Dolby 2.0. How does this sound compared to other formats? Specifically, stereo and 5.1, I understand doing just a stereo mix will cause hiss in 5.1 systems. Would it be silly to do 2.0 vs. 5.1? I would have to edit video, but would do so if sound quality is much better in 5.1 audio. I understand Dolby 2.0 is essentially compression/compander application and so it seems obvious there is some global compromise. I understand overall volume will most likely be lower, that does not bother me as I think we adjust our volume incrementally on an individual DVD basis.

I appreciate any insight. Just looking to hear from folks that have observed some differences.

Thank you in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.