Does crossover auto simulation software?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Its just fundamentally different, and if you follow the design guidelines its clear its a whole other branch of the tree . It can build your crossovers - for use with a PC . It needs to be that different to have single digit hertz accuracy, which it is.

Thanks, if I wanted to go this route and replace my DCX can I use my HTPC M-audio with my Delta 410 card or do I need more hardware?

Well Doug, you're a programmer so you should understand the limitations. You can buy a program that will (try to) write software for you to perform a certain task but you're not going to get the best out of it unless you know something about programming and can give it some guidance and structure. Same with crossover design. The software tools are great and really ease the workload but they can't turn a noob into a pro.

Well Doug, you're a programmer so you should understand the limitations. You can buy a program that will (try to) write software for you to perform a certain task but you're not going to get the best out of it unless you know something about programming and can give it some guidance and structure. Same with crossover design. The software tools are great and really ease the workload but they can't turn a noob into a pro.

absolutely, someone with crossover experience has to write it.

I get your last statement ;)

absolutely, someone with crossover experience has to write it.
And you need some crossover experience to use it well. Or at least some self-education so you understand what it's trying to do and can help point it in the right direction, letting it do the grunt calcs.

AI hasn't progressed so far that you can take the human out of the equation. I'm not a professional programmer (strictly self-taught) but I've fiddled with canned NNs, GAs, etc. trying to predict the stock market and they just give silly results. If you know enough to constrain them to things that make sense, you also know enough to get it done with much simpler software.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.